Felonies and Future Income (True Crime and Falsehood) ?

Davis B

Expert
Hey Buds,

I'm doing my continuing ed, and got to legal issues (past, present or future), when something occurred to me.____I read the news daily, and see all the craziness in the world.

I don't have any disbarring issues from my past (thank God)....but with this crazy world we live in, what would happen to my down-line and future income stream if i was charged with a Felony (non-insurance-related) ?
  • Would i loose all my pipe-line that i've worked years to create...all gone for a DUI, Domestic Violence Charge, Aggravated assault, etc. ???
Doesn't sound fair... !
Am i missing something, or is this Truth?

thanks for your input...

Hey Buds,

I'm doing my continuing ed, and got to legal issues (past, present or future), when something occurred to me.____I read the news daily, and see all the craziness in the world.

I don't have any disbarring issues from my past (thank God)....but with this crazy world we live in, what would happen to my down-line and future income stream if i was charged with a Felony (non-insurance-related) ?
  • Would i loose all my pipe-line that i've worked years to create...all gone for a DUI, Domestic Violence Charge, Aggravated assault, etc. ???
Doesn't sound fair... !

thanks for your input...
Have you read your contracts? :err:

Hey Buds,

Doesn't sound fair... !

thanks for your input...

Yea man, you beat your partner, beat someone in the street etc etc you're probably going to lose your license and your renewals... sounds pretty fair to me

Not totally sure of the answer to your question. Scary thing is, there may not be an exact one as cases can take on lives of thier own and go places you would rather them not.

Would a company wish to separate itself from doing business with you based on legal issues... I would guess they could make that decision based on your contract and the issue you get involved in.

So not only could you face repercussions from a judge or insurance department, you could face repercussions from a company not wishing to deal with your dirty laundry.

Heavy is the crown to him that would rule.

Yea man, you beat your partner, beat someone in the street etc etc you're probably going to lose your license and your renewals... sounds pretty fair to me
Sounds like the typical California Democrat Response;

'Guilty until proven Innocent'~​
:daydream:

Felony DUI probably not a deal breaker for all carriers, maybe some. Main thing here is to be transparent and let state licensing agency know whats going on upfront. Not being transparent would probably put license in jeopardy even if the offense doesn't. First felony DUI in Mi would usually be dropped to a misdemeanor with Diversion program (granted there wasn't someone injured). DIFs just wants you to call them, give final court dates and then revisit after final court date. Final court dates with a diversion program can be 2-4 yrs out. I'm sure the variations are wide in varying states. Seen a half dozen or so over the years on this, and guy know a guy currently going through it. Mi has become more relaxed over the years. Can't speak to other states.

Continued felony DUI issues, yes probably lose.

Violent crimes, yes. deal breaker. Although often a DV coincides with a DUI or alcohol-related charge. If the charged is dropped it shouldn't be an issue, but could still show up on record. It's convictions that count.

Financial crimes, always a no go, with one exception I saw over the years.

whatever sparked that post, good luck. LOL. if you did or plan to do any of these things have an excellent atty on retainer.

Felony DUI probably not a deal breaker for all carriers, maybe some. Main thing here is to be transparent and let state licensing agency know whats going on upfront. Not being transparent would probably put license in jeopardy even if the offense doesn't. First felony DUI in Mi would usually be dropped to a misdemeanor with Diversion program (granted there wasn't someone injured). DIFs just wants you to call them, give final court dates and then revisit after final court date. Final court dates with a diversion program can be 2-4 yrs out. I'm sure the variations are wide in varying states. Seen a half dozen or so over the years on this, and guy know a guy currently going through it. Mi has become more relaxed over the years. Can't speak to other states.

Continued felony DUI issues, yes probably lose.

Violent crimes, yes. deal breaker. Although often a DV coincides with a DUI or alcohol-related charge. If the charged is dropped it shouldn't be an issue, but could still show up on record. It's convictions that count.

Financial crimes, always a no go, with one exception I saw over the years.

whatever sparked that post, good luck. LOL. if you did or plan to do any of these things have an excellent atty on retainer.
Not worried about DUI's or Financial Crimes...

With the way the world is headed, i more concerned about 'Defending myself or Family, and being charged with Murder.' The corrupt court system and DA's we have now, CRIMINALS committing Crime have more rights than Tax Paying Law Abiding Citizens...

So yes, its a concern...

With the way the world is headed, i more concerned about 'Defending myself or Family, and being charged with Murder.' The corrupt court system and DA's we have now, CRIMINALS committing Crime have more rights than Tax Paying Law Abiding Citizens...

So yes, its a concern...
haha
yes, then there's that. The organized crime thugs in suits and the rest of the cray, the corrupt system...now that could spark a political thing here. Not going down that rabbit hole, but yah...I see your point for sure.

Never know, all the crazy and this biz alone and all the new rules might drive me back to drinking. DUI wouldn't be out of the question. I'm trying not to watch the news. It's catching up on Better Call Saul for me tonight.

So yes, its a concern...
Who did you kill? :wideeyed:

We won't tell. :no:

Latest posts

Back