Fidelity - Be Careful

TPAAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
To any of you new agents or anyone getting Fidelity in your bag, I've mentioned this 100 times to my agents and it aint sinking in.

Fidelitys a nice non med product, but you better be damn sure you dont leave a mark on your client. Fidelity does not run APS's. If theres any reason they request one its a flat out decline- So if you go and try and put them through another company you might put them at risk with a decline in their history.

Unless you have any doubts at all, your better off passing on Fidelity

Just because they get declined doesnt mean they couldnt have gotten a standard + rating- It just Fidelity doesnt pull APS's

Be careful with Fidelity

I've never had any problems with them...follow their underwriting guide and you shouldn't have a problem unless the client is lying to you.

I've taken numerous declined Fidelity apps to fully underwritten and the MIB hit from the decline has never effected anything. The decline goes on their record, but it won't effect them getting future coverage in my experience. Just make sure the underwriter knows the decline was a simplified issue policy.

FLA will now issue up to Table 4 on the Rapid Decision products. We tell our agents it is best to use them for Standard risks. The major problem we see is for some reason agents think non-med means impaired risk or maybe they are hoping to slide something by UW. The other issue to watch is that the PI must have a DL. If not, it is a decline except for a couple circumstances.

This is a great product for younger people who are often "too busy" to get an exam.

We found what JRoot said to be true.

Back