Recently licensed and looking for honest IMO to be successful

Tony S

Hello there, So to summarize how I got here. I’ve been in the automotive/facility’s maintenance industry for about 20 years. Through my quest to better myself and deep dive into self improvement YouTube videos I stumbled upon FFL. Shawn Meaike’s message does resonate with me as far as helping people and making good money while doing it. There are a lot of holes and things popping up on my radar that don’t seem right. I’ve talked to a few FFL business owners, and still feel like it’s too good to be true. My reservation with buying leads, a few have mentioned to just run up my credit cards $6-8k and grind it out for 90 days and I should be ok. Uhmm….that fact that Integrity sells the leads to there producers doesn’t make sense to me. I have no problem investing in myself. I have no problem grinding it out day after day. But is it legit? A lot of MLM scams and everyone has a motive. I figured here I would get non-bias honest responses and be able to form a better opinion on what to do. I have a wife and 3 daughters to take care of. I know I have a lot to learn and looking forward to it. Any suggestions I would appreciate. I did get my producers license in Illinois this week! Anyone suggest a honest IMO or any place to start would be much appreciated. Thank you

Hello there, So to summarize how I got here. I’ve been in the automotive/facility’s maintenance industry for about 20 years. Through my quest to better myself and deep dive into self improvement YouTube videos I stumbled upon FFL. Shawn Meaike’s message does resonate with me as far as helping people and making good money while doing it. There are a lot of holes and things popping up on my radar that don’t seem right. I’ve talked to a few FFL business owners, and still feel like it’s too good to be true. My reservation with buying leads, a few have mentioned to just run up my credit cards $6-8k and grind it out for 90 days and I should be ok. Uhmm….that fact that Integrity sells the leads to there producers doesn’t make sense to me. I have no problem investing in myself. I have no problem grinding it out day after day. But is it legit? A lot of MLM scams and everyone has a motive. I figured here I would get non-bias honest responses and be able to form a better opinion on what to do. I have a wife and 3 daughters to take care of. I know I have a lot to learn and looking forward to it. Any suggestions I would appreciate. I did get my producers license in Illinois this week! Anyone suggest a honest IMO or any place to start would be much appreciated. Thank you
Do a search. FFL / Shawn Meaike doesn't have a good reputation. Several threads about them.

Anyone suggest a honest IMO or any place to start would be much appreciated.
You need to talk to Todd King. He's on here. He's an FMO. TR King Marketing.

The reason you need to talk to Todd is not about companies, contracts and commissions but more about direction. He can answer your questions and help you avoid the pimps and posers that are in this business. It does help that he's got all that other stuff too.

Do Todd ... And welcome to the club house

You need to talk to Todd King. He's on here. He's an FMO. TR King Marketing.

The reason you need to talk to Todd is not about companies, contracts and commissions but more about direction. He can answer your questions and help you avoid the pimps and posers that are in this business. It does help that he's got all that other stuff too.

Do Todd ... And welcome to the club house

Thanks for the shout out!!

There are plenty of IMOs outside of FFL with higher comp that don't require recruiting and will actually release your contracts upon request.

Personally, I'm with FEX Contracting. Some of the top producers in the industry work at FEX, including JDeasy, Nick Frumkin, and Travis Tubbs. However, there are plenty of good options outside of FFL.

Uhmm….that fact that Integrity sells the leads to there producers doesn’t make sense to me. I have no problem investing in myself. I have no problem grinding it out day after day. But is it legit? A lot of MLM scams and everyone has a motive.

There is a direct inverse relationship between how much one is handed and how much you can get paid for the results you generate.

If I had an IMO and if I generated actual leads, I'd charge you too. Why? So you'd have some "skin in the game". This business doesn't necessarily work without some skin in the game on both sides.

This is a business, not a job. If you want to be paid as a business, you get to invest in your tools, including your lead sources and lead flows.

I've heard that David Duford @Rearden is doing an experiment with lower compensation and free leads. That may be another angle you may want to pursue.

There is a direct inverse relationship between how much one is handed and how much you can get paid for the results you generate.

If I had an IMO and if I generated actual leads, I'd charge you too. Why? So you'd have some "skin in the game". This business doesn't necessarily work without some skin in the game on both sides.

This is a business, not a job. If you want to be paid as a business, you get to invest in your tools, including your lead sources and lead flows.

I've heard that David Duford @Rearden is doing an experiment with lower compensation and free leads. That may be another angle you may want to pursue.

I have no issue with investing in myself, my company, or another company. When multiple people from FFL tell me to leverage myself on high interest credit cards to obtain leads that might work out that doesn’t sit well with me. Is that their business model? Squeeze $10-12k out of 90% of new producers until they wash out. Then rinse and repeat. All the conversations were very vague for a business they claim to be super simple. I could be wrong, but I’m not willing to burn through my savings or run up debt on a pipe dream. No shortcuts for hard work right?

FFL tell me to leverage myself on high interest credit cards to obtain leads that might work out that doesn’t sit well with me.

This business... might not be for you.

Why not? The bolded section above.

There's a lot of variables in how well leads can work out... or not work out.

You're focused on the costs... as you should.

You should also be focused on the training: how to know if there is a sale to be made... or not. How to make the sale and know when to walk away from a lead.

All the conversations were very vague for a business they claim to be super simple.

It is simple. It's certainly not easy or guaranteed. Why not guaranteed? Because you are a human being with your own mentality... and so are they.

Always remember (and I have to tell myself this on occasion), that if this business were easy... it would pay $1.

You are paid the higher commissions because it is NOT easy. You can learn some skills to make it easIER, but it isn't easy.

Back