Final Expense

Haven’t yet

That’s a whole new product. Ages 0-90 to $100K non med.

They did tell us in PR it would be ready in a month for the pilot group, which I am one, but it didn’t happen.

The date I was given was June 15th.

It wasn’t available then.

I have not been given another date. And I ask every week.

I think they have had so much trouble with this new TPA that everything else is on hold.

So are you saying there going to keep the old product with the same underwriting and also role out the new product ? I was under the impression this will replace the old product when it roles out .

So are you saying there going to keep the old product with the same underwriting and also role out the new product ? I was under the impression this will replace the old product when it roles out .

I think you are correct for the long run. But initially there will be the new product in addition to everything else.

I'm looking forward to it. I've got many people waiting for it already.

They are assuming no agents will write the old product once the new one is released. There would be no reason to IF the new product works as planned.

They are assuming no agents will write the old product once the new one is released. There would be no reason to IF the new product works as planned.

Newby you’ve been in the business a long time . How many times you seen a company change things that were going well unless there’s an issue ? Let’s see if
people with ailments like copd , heavy heart meds , insulin will be paying more . They’ve had very aggressive underwriting with tremendous rates on the less healthy for a long time . Like other CO’s they probably want to limit much of that business . To keep rates low you got to tighten underwriting . Rna can be aggressive because there rates very high at certain agents .

Newby you’ve been in the business a long time . How many times you seen a company change things that were going well unless there’s an issue ? Let’s see if
people with ailments like copd , heavy heart meds , insulin will be paying more . They’ve had very aggressive underwriting with tremendous rates on the less healthy for a long time . Like other CO’s they probably want to limit much of that business . To keep rates low you got to tighten underwriting . Rna can be aggressive because there rates very high at certain agents .

You are assuming things. They have run every FE application thru this new system. Every application for over a year, that is. 50% would have paid less. 30% would have paid the same, 10% would have gotten level coverage instead of graded and 10% would have paid more.

There is no graded on this new product. It's level or decline. Same application for all ages, 0-90. I know the haters want it to be worse. But it's going to be far better. I can't wait!!

Only thing they could do better is accept the DE card. But I hope they don't do that.

You are assuming things. They have run every FE application thru this new system. Every application for over a year, that is. 50% would have paid less. 30% would have paid the same, 10% would have gotten level coverage instead of graded and 10% would have paid more.

There is no graded on this new product. It's level or decline. Same application for all ages, 0-90. I know the haters want it to be worse. But it's going to be far better. I can't wait!!

Only thing they could do better is accept the DE card. But I hope they don't do that.

Jd I wish you the best . My question is they were selling the crap out of it before why would they lower prices overall ? You didn’t list how many of those would have been declined with no graded ? Also makes zero sense to give former graded level unless it’s much more exp . You well know . On paper means zip . I’m sure you’ll give us honest assessment.

Jd I wish you the best . My question is they were selling the crap out of it before why would they lower prices overall ? You didn’t list how many of those would have been declined with no graded ? Also makes zero sense to give former graded level unless it’s much more exp . You well know . On paper means zip . I’m sure you’ll give us honest assessment.

I will give an honest assessment. I’m looking forward to it.

But it could be a major flop. Wouldn’t be the first time a company blew up a good thing.

This TPA they are using for policy service now is a major flop.

This new product is cutting edge. I’m as surprised as anyone that they are on the cutting edge of anything.

This is all going eApp and instant decision. I just left a house where I wrote an FU app.

12 pages. And I won’t know for a week.

I wish I had the new product for that one today.

I didn’t upload that FU app until this morning.

They are running those thru the new system. Already approved as applied. 73 year old taking a few meds. Not super healthy but not ready to croak either. He would have sailed thru FE. I thought he might get a small rating.

But he didn’t.

Last edited:
Issue is if there’s multiple tier’s what do you quote? Sounds like a uncomfortable learning curve.

Issue is if there’s multiple tier’s what do you quote? Sounds like a uncomfortable learning curve.

Yes, that’s going to be a problem for many agents.

I don’t think I will have a problem with it. But I might?

I think I will be able to quote fairly closely.

I do with FU now. This is basically fu for everyone.

The learning curve will be different for everyone and some, (many?), just might not want to deal with it.

In my opinion this product is going to make or break them.

Back