Final Expense Presentation by Tim W

I have been using the same presentation for years now, so it just comes naturally. In fact, a lot of folks don't even realize that I am doing it.........

Not sure its "canned" but repetition does make you better at something over time.

Great thread.

I think a stellar presentation is one that's predictable and "canned" to a certain extent, yet flexible and fresh each and every time.

My presentation structure and flow is similar each time, but my implementation changes based on information gathered so as to gain as much presenting leverage as possible.

Great thread.

I think a stellar presentation is one that's predictable and "canned" to a certain extent, yet flexible and fresh each and every time.

My presentation structure and flow is similar each time, but my implementation changes based on information gathered so as to gain as much presenting leverage as possible.

Dave: Your presence is being requesting in this thread.. Seems you have built a following.

My 1st Month at EFES/Equita Final Expense - Page 51

We may be talking semantics here. I use a scripted presentation at every appointment.

It's my "4 questions" presentation. I don't know if it's "canned" or a presentation or a sales metting or whatever.

I do "read and react" much like a basketball player, {I like that analogy to basketball that was made here}.

I've done my same presenationover 2000 times, so it's not really a script anymore, it's just what I say. My warm up varies in length from 2 or 3 mionutes to 15 minutes. The "canned" part of what I do is so that I hit those points everytime with everyone. I suppose that would be the fundamentals if we are to stay with the basketball reference.

Other than that it's strictly by feel.

We may be talking semantics here. I use a scripted presentation at every appointment.

It's my "4 questions" presentation. I don't know if it's "canned" or a presentation or a sales metting or whatever.

I do "read and react" much like a basketball player, {I like that analogy to basketball that was made here}.

I've done my same presenationover 2000 times, so it's not really a script anymore, it's just what I say. My warm up varies in length from 2 or 3 mionutes to 15 minutes. The "canned" part of what I do is so that I hit those points everytime with everyone. I suppose that would be the fundamentals if we are to stay with the basketball reference.

Other than that it's strictly by feel.

That meets my definition of a "canned" presentation.. and, as I said earlier, I have never known a truly successful agent that didn't use one.

I think we pretty much agree. I think what I'm not conveying is perhaps that some of you have never been around and spent some time with the top 1% IDK maybe you have.

Funny story.......I was at a place (won't name names) where we do timeshare presentations. If you think the $255 dollar social security mailer is misleading, then you wouldn't believe this because people actually show up thinking they are there for us to buy their timeshare. These leads also cost $400 each. I've only done this recent gig a few times because they had an overflow of prospects and was asked to help out.

Anyway this couple comes in and the one salesman does the 3 minute qualify process which is very informal. Ok so they qualify. Anyway they already own 8 timeshares. They have already bought a product that does what our product does however that product they bought doesn't do it as well and I realize I'm being very vague here but I must.

Anyway this salesman who happens to also have a degree as a Phychiatrist (that's another story) comes to the table and says "they already own 8 timeshares plus the XXX program. Nothing I can do with them. On top of that they are very very upset and we need to scoot them out before they disturb the others (or something to that effect)."

Well the Superstar closer who is a very very good friend of mine (let's call her Jenny) goes over and takes them off to another spot. She comes back 20 minutes later and says "watch this, I'm gonna sell these people another timeshare." (she was still in warm-up)

After two hours and $10,000 later they walked right out those doors with another timeshare and they arrived two hours earlier with thinking they were there to sell there timeshares to us.

I don't think, as a matter of fact I know, there is probably very few people on the planet who could of sold that couple another timeshare. Not that couple under those circumstances.

Do you think she stuck to her presentation? Heck no. THERE IS NO PRESENTATION FOR THAT SCENARIO. It's not even in the play book.

Similarly it would be as if you showed up to a FE appointment and a couple already had several policies and they thought you were there to buy them from them. Not only that, they are angry. Then two hours later you walk out the door after placing another policy on them.

This was probably the most extreme case of a sale I ever saw from a super star closer. I've also seen her sell rednecks trucks that were purple when they wanted a black truck when selling cars. People that wanted a sedan and drive off with a VW Bug.

Superstars throw the playbook out the window sometimes because what they sometimes do they don't have plays for. It defies all logical explanation.

Well the Superstar closer who is a very very good friend of mine (let's call her Jenny) goes over and takes them off to another spot. She comes back 20 minutes later and says "watch this, I'm gonna sell these people another timeshare." (she was still in warm-up)

After two hours and $10,000 later they walked right out those doors with another timeshare and they arrived two hours earlier with thinking they were there to sell there timeshares to us.

Sounds like a classic definition of a sociopath.

Back