Final Expense Sales Presentation Script. Meeting Your Client In Person

I went to bed after then end of the 3nd period and we were up 1-0. Woke up in the middle of the night and used the Ipad to check the score and WE LOST. Couldn't get back to sleep! Dang it! ha

Since you are a hockey fan, I got to meet and hang out with James Wiznewski, {sp}, last May in Hawaii at the RNA trip. Not being a hockey fan I didn't know who he was was. We had hung out all day because his wife and mine had been hanging out.

After a day of talking BS we got around to our jobs. I told him why I was there and asked him what he did. He said, "I play hockey". I'm thinking as a hobby and asked him, "yeah, but what do you do for a living?":laugh:

He again, 'said, "I play hockey". Then he told me played for Montreal and talking his upcoming free agency.

I still wasn't sure if he was for real and I looked him up on the computer when I got back to the room. I kinda followed his career a bit since then.

Great guy. Really down to earth. I would have never known he was a professional athlete if I hadn't asked.

Wow, 30 to 45 minutes warm up! IMHO most prospects would shove you out the door----unless their brain dead.

now come on.....your not doing it right....during the 45 min warm up you are skipping the ribbon candy stage....that can take at least 15min to chip off a chunk small enough to fit in your mouth and 20 to suck it down....which leads to 10mins to get you something to drink after choking down the lint covered glob....

My whole presentation time is a warm up. The 1st 10-20 min. is the most intense warm-up period and we discuss warm-up types of things.....weather, sports, children, news, etc.

The next 15-30 min. is still a warmup, we're just talking about other types of things, such as how expensive funerals are now adays, the financial burden/embarassment the children will face on the saddest day of their lives, those horror stories where someone passes away with no/not enough coverage and the children don't have the $$$ to pay for mom's funeral, etc.

My tone and delivery stays very relaxed as in the warm-up mode, almost never in a sales mode. I try to structure the sale so Ms. Joines wants to buy, rather than Ms. Jones being sold.

My whole presentation time is a warm up. The 1st 10-20 min. is the most intense warm-up period and we discuss warm-up types of things.....weather, sports, children, news, etc.

The next 15-30 min. is still a warmup, we're just talking about other types of things, such as how expensive funerals are now adays, the financial burden/embarassment the children will face on the saddest day of their lives, those horror stories where someone passes away with no/not enough coverage and the children don't have the $$$ to pay for mom's funeral, etc.

My tone and delivery stays very relaxed as in the warm-up mode, almost never in a sales mode. I try to structure the sale so Ms. Joines wants to buy, rather than Ms. Jones being sold.

So that's how you do it "in person"?? I'm calling BS on both of you.

So that's how you do it "in person"?? I'm calling BS on both of you.

That's the method I presently use with tele-sales and used to use when doing face 2 face. If you'd like further clarification then you ought to speak like a professional adult.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

JD, you don't do yourself any favors when you use that kind of language. Kinda cheapens you and this forum, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
Since you are a hockey fan, I got to meet and hang out with James Wiznewski, {sp}, last May in Hawaii at the RNA trip. Not being a hockey fan I didn't know who he was was. We had hung out all day because his wife and mine had been hanging out.

After a day of talking BS we got around to our jobs. I told him why I was there and asked him what he did. He said, "I play hockey". I'm thinking as a hobby and asked him, "yeah, but what do you do for a living?":laugh:

He again, 'said, "I play hockey". Then he told me played for Montreal and talking his upcoming free agency.

I still wasn't sure if he was for real and I looked him up on the computer when I got back to the room. I kinda followed his career a bit since then.

Great guy. Really down to earth. I would have never known he was a professional athlete if I hadn't asked.

A lot of them still have their teeth these days so it's hard to pick them out. I would have liked meeting him. He plays in Columbus Ohio now.

Last edited:
That's the method I presently use with tele-sales and used to use when doing face 2 face. If you'd like further clarification then you ought to speak like a professional adult.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

JD, you don't do yourself any favors when you use that kind of language. Kinda cheapens you and this forum, wouldn't you agree?

I donm't to do any favors. I donm't recruit, so I don't have to pretend.

But, I still call BS on a 45 minute warm up. You don't do it and neither does the OP. If you do, you aren't selling insurance, you're just talking.

I donm't to do any favors. I donm't recruit, so I don't have to pretend.

But, I still call BS on a 45 minute warm up. You don't do it and neither does the OP. If you do, you aren't selling insurance, you're just talking.

I'm a little surprised this one went over your head. My whole presentation has the flavor of the warm up.

In other words there's no pressure to buy anything during my 1st 10-20 min. of the presentation (that's what most people call their warm up).

And there's also no pressure to buy anything during the presentation (which is a continuation of the warm up for me) but for you and a lot of others is where they start to try to sell Ms. Jones something.

I don't want to sell Ms. Jones...I want Ms. Jones to buy. There is a difference.

Of course if all the above does not bear fruit for me then I will start turning up the closing temp. till Ms./Mr. Jones buy or ask me to leave.

And you're correct, I try not to appear to be SELLING insurance. I try to appear as having a CONVERSATION about insurance.

Last edited:
Back