Final Expense to 50's Age Group

Big Stick

Expert
When you have prospects that are early 50's, do you approach them any differently than somebody who is older?

Given that, in general, the sense of urgency is not as strong, do you "fish" the same way and hope for a bite, or change your bait?

Imagine that all your leads were under the age of 60. That's where I stand at the moment. Move forward as normal and accept what comes, or are there any tweaks / adjustments I can make to improve my odds?

When you have prospects that are early 50's, do you approach them any differently than somebody who is older?

Given that, in general, the sense of urgency is not as strong, do you "fish" the same way and hope for a bite, or change your bait?

Imagine that all your leads were under the age of 60. That's where I stand at the moment. Move forward as normal and accept what comes, or are there any tweaks / adjustments I can make to improve my odds?

I wouldn't sell them ACI.:no:

I find that people either believe in insurance or they don't. If they don't, it's a hard sell, if they do, then just approach them the same way as always

When they are in their 50's, don't assume they should buy Final Expense, so approach them with the feeling they could be better served with Term, UL, or Whole Life (not FE).

I don't care what age they are. I find out why they sent in the card and why they have me in their home. If it's because they want their funeral expenses taken care of then I sell them FE. Underwritten if they are healthy.

I sold a couple of FE policies this week to mid 50 year olds. But I also had a couple where the husband was 57 and the wife 49. They wanted term even though they had sent in an FE reply card. Sold them both term.

So, I approach them all the same but I may not sell them all the same thing.

My favorite age group. They have money, healthier than they will be in 10 years, have parents and kids they probably are having to help out, young grandchildren, looking at retirement. Referrals to the parents and kids.

I do the same, which is to say it depends on who I am talking to.

Sorry for asking a really stupid, and maybe an unnecessary question....

Using Fexquotes or rate sheets.... is there a way of finding the costs of different riders with different companies?

Thanks and sorry : /

Sorry for asking a really stupid, and maybe an unnecessary question.... Using Fexquotes or rate sheets.... is there a way of finding the costs of different riders with different companies? Thanks and sorry : /

Most companies (Settlers, RNA, Trans, Americo, Equitable, etc) have their own free phone calcs. They figure all the options.

Use FexQuotes to narrow it down. Then the company Calc to figure all the options.

----------

Everybody believes in insurance. It's just that not everybody believes in paying for it.

Adam, here's your million dollar idea for today. This brings your tab to seven million that you owe me.

It would be very difficult for FexQuotes to figure all options and riders. BUT by each company you could put a link to the company's quoter.

Your own Quoter will always be needed for comparisons but the company's link will figure all options.

Just deposit the million into my PayPal account.

Back