Fire Loss - No Rentor's Insurance

Thanks guys for you helpful replies...it gives me some relaxation..
When the owner insurance company called me, they told me that their private investigator investigated the site and told that i am responsible for the fire. But i told them that i didn't burn anything to cause the fire. Also the fire department still says its undetermined(i got the latest copy from them).
I am not paying any rent now...waiting for their action...i will let you know the update...

You could also to ask to see a copy of the investigators report. The fire department saying it's "undetermined" might not hurt, but it doesn't help. More likely than not they'd have to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that you caused the fire, which is extremely unlikely. The other component of this is that if you are too poor to afford $15/month renters insurance then I have a hard time understanding what exactly they think they'll get out of you financially and usually an insurance company can look at that part objectively.

i can afford $15/month but i was not aware of rentor's insurance type of thing earlier. Now i have rentor's insurance for my new apartment. The thing is that 5 months rent which comes to almost $3000 which i can't afford since i am already paying the current apartment rent. Also, the damages are almost $40,000 which also i can't afford.

i can afford $15/month but i was not aware of rentor's insurance type of thing earlier. Now i have rentor's insurance for my new apartment. The thing is that 5 months rent which comes to almost $3000 which i can't afford since i am already paying the current apartment rent. Also, the damages are almost $40,000 which also i can't afford.

My point remains the same. You're legal defense (which I doubt you'll even need to use) is "you can't get blood from a stone".

Back