Free Ca$h...when i buy 'Indy-Health'---- what's up with these Ads ?

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm seeing these ads all over YouTube. Some cute Blonde is boasting about getting $1400 mth on top of her health insurance plan. NEXT, some dude is saying 'he gets $550 mth' FOR doing nothing but obtaining health insurance.

A LEFTOIDS Dream... Money for Nothin~!

What's the catch... what am i missing here?

Thoughts / Comments ?

:unsure:

Caveat, not an agent

Probably a rewards program for doing things like completing questionaires, doing wellness visits, and doing various screenings. The Lasso MSA (a type of Medicare Advantage plan) has a small scale rewards program like that.

I looked closer at the ad,.... Dude was waving a 'Flex Credit Card?'

???

Flex cards give out $500-1500 mth???

Caveat, not an agent.

I looked closer at the ad,.... Dude was waving a 'Flex Credit Card?'

???

Flex cards give out $500-1500 mth???

Potential YouTube sponsored scam (ironic that they not only don't censor these, they likely profit from the ad revenue)

I have seen warnings about these in articles, especially the last 3-6 months

https://lowincomerelief.com/flex-card-for-seniors-2022/

@OP -- comments from posted article
It is exceptionally rare to get more than $500 on a flex card.
and
If you receive a flex card, you will only be able to use that card to purchase items that a licensed physician has deemed medically necessary. It is very unlikely that you will be able to get a prescription for clothing or gas.

Caveat, I am not an agent nor do I own a Medicare Advantage Plan or Flex Card.

Potential YouTube sponsored scam (ironic that they not only don't censor these, they likely profit from the ad revenue)

I have seen warnings about these in articles, especially the last 3-6 months

https://lowincomerelief.com/flex-card-for-seniors-2022/

I observed this comment in the article too:
However, what I found in the course of my research is that these cards can be far more harmful than helpful for low income seniors.
I think that may be inappropriately projecting negativity about a situation onto the card itself.

I am unclear about whether the cards provide a Monthly or an Annual $ benefit. However I do think they have the potential to be useful to a low income senior.

I don't think the card itself is a scam and I think the article may contain inappropriate reporting to suggest that it is. I also think that it may be inappropriate reporting to also suggest, by implication, that Medicare Advantage Plans are a scam. (They are different than Original Medicare but I don't think that makes them a "Scam".)

I think the article at least could, and maybe should, be more clear that the "Scam" is in the marketing of the products, not the products themselves.

Back