FYI About Transamerica Tactics

GAInsuranceGal

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Georgia
Hi all. It's been a while since I've been on here. And if I haven't said so before, thank you for all of your knowledge and education while being in this business for over a decade.

About 4 years ago, I started getting fed up with Transamerica, so I stopped writing business for them. They were just too hard to deal with. In the interim, they terminated me without cause, which is totally fine by me. The problem I'm having is yesterday a client of mine, who still has her Transamerica policy, said she received a letter in the mail stating I am no longer her agent and Transamerica listed contact info for another Transamerica agent to service her policy. I am totally fine with my non-relationship with Transamerica, but isn't it low for them to send a letter to clients that insinuates that I'm no longer going to help my Transamerica clients? None of my other carriers have done this before. Has anyone else experienced this?

Transamerica doesn't care or doesn't fully understand how much animosity exist between them and their agent force. :no:

They must think they are getting enough business, because I can assure you that Transamerica rarely the first option an indy will pull out of their quiver if other carriers are available.

Just another Trans issue. They just don't listen.

Hi all. It's been a while since I've been on here. And if I haven't said so before, thank you for all of your knowledge and education while being in this business for over a decade.

About 4 years ago, I started getting fed up with Transamerica, so I stopped writing business for them. They were just too hard to deal with. In the interim, they terminated me without cause, which is totally fine by me. The problem I'm having is yesterday a client of mine, who still has her Transamerica policy, said she received a letter in the mail stating I am no longer her agent and Transamerica listed contact info for another Transamerica agent to service her policy. I am totally fine with my non-relationship with Transamerica, but isn't it low for them to send a letter to clients that insinuates that I'm no longer going to help my Transamerica clients? None of my other carriers have done this before. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, it happens. Seems like it used to happen more often.

Were you captive with TA or an agency?

Are you sure the letter came from TA and not an agent running orphans? I have done hundreds and hundreds of these.

Perfect time to do a mailing and calls to your TA book. Yes, email and text also. But a snail mail campaign with a business card is at least touched. That card may prompt a call.

Are you sure the letter came from TA and not an agent running orphans? I have done hundreds and hundreds of these.

Perfect time to do a mailing and calls to your TA book. Yes, email and text also. But a snail mail campaign with a business card is at least touched. That card may prompt a call.

Let's them know your alive and still in the business. Makes the company look like a liar. :laugh:

Transamerica doesn't care or doesn't fully understand how much animosity exist between them and their agent force. :no:

They must think they are getting enough business, because I can assure you that Transamerica rarely the first option an indy will pull out of their quiver if other carriers are available.

Just another Trans issue. They just don't listen.

So True! I'm leaning more to the side of that they just don't care. They are such a big organization, like McDonald's who sells crappy food, but still makes a butt load of money.

I wasn't captive with them, I am and was indy. Thank GOD.

I keep up with my clients throughout the year. I think though, I'm going to make a special call to just my Transamerica clients. Thankfully I don't have many of them.

Back