Gas Prices Starting to Effect Sales?

I have considered gas prices from a prospecting perspective. I work the K-12 403(b) market, and some schools I visit are 35 - 50 mile drive one way. Sucks going for a lunch room visit, and scoring a big fat goose egg, all while spending $20 in gas to get there.

You could always buy a Prius!

However you want to slice it, it was $1.70 when I captive running 2 to 3 appointments per day (2003) and it's $3.60 now.

Paying twice the amount for gas would have had a significant effect on getting off the ground.

I am gonna go D2D soon coming up for T65 and some FE, the biggest efficiency helper will be route optimization...

419269_392429850771966_100000148640488_1768224_2116695291_n.jpg

However you want to slice it, it was $1.70 when I captive running 2 to 3 appointments per day (2003) and it's $3.60 now.

Paying twice the amount for gas would have had a significant effect on getting off the ground.

$3.60? must be closer you are to DC the cheaper it is. It is $4.12 here. Found out yesterday that Costco pumps are set to $100. max per transaction. And that did not fill up the Suburban.

I was talking to a newbie agent the other day about all the costly mistakes agents make starting out. Add these high gas prices to the mix, I would hate to be starting out today. With high unemployment adding to the pain. My wife worked for Allstate when I went Independent so we had some money every month and benefits.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If she reads the forum, will be time to pay your medical deductible.. :1laugh:

Yeah, I am taking her and her twin to Vegas for her BD. I may be pushing up cactus by the end of it.

Last edited:
When I joined UGA there was 5 offices in the state. There's now 1 and although there were many factors, my former division manager recently told me that gas was a large factor. In fact, they started giving out gas cards to new recruits but you can imagine the result - a huge office expense that wasn't recovered.

And yeah, $3.59 as of yesterday in my town...for now.

(And although this is a large tangent, the number 1 reason he cited for UGA's (Mega Life) demise? The internet. People simply started to Google the company and didn't come back after the initial interview.)

Wednesday evening when I was out, there were a few stations at $3.36. The problem was, you couldn't get into those stations!! :mad: The other stations were at $3.69.

Latest posts

Back