Gas Prices Starting to Effect Sales?

Ron Paul is the only veteran, he was a pilot, during the Cuban missile crisis. They should have a law, that all members of the house, senate, white house. That all their children be inducted into the armed forces.

Best price on the cheap stuff here today is $4.13 per gallon.

San Jose Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in California
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wino is ESL. Racisct!!!! ;) At least he claims to be ESL when it comes to buying dinner in Vegas!

The truth is you and Bronstein are just to damned old and grumpy to send an hour with. And every time I offer to take Rick to eat he brings that huge kid of his? Man that kid can eat. And what is with the golf shorts pulled up to your nipples and black socks? I am going to buy Rick some longer tshirts. ;-)
Best price on the cheap stuff here today is $4.13 per gallon.

San Jose Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in California

Wino is ESL. Racisct!!!! ;) At least he claims to be ESL when it comes to buying dinner in Vegas!

So I am in Bakersfield, home of. Buck Owens and oil wells. Regular is $4.27 cash price. Think I will fax my app to American Memorial and wait for them to pay me so I can get home.

Last edited:
Ron Paul is the only veteran, he was a pilot, during the Cuban missile crisis. They should have a law, that all members of the house, senate, white house. That all their children be inducted into the armed forces.

I think that is a little extreme. I would however like to see a minimum 3 years of service in our military in order to run for president

I think that is a little extreme. I would however like to see a minimum 3 years of service in our military in order to run for president

Bad idea. The idea has always been for civilians to control the military, not the other way around.

Bad idea. The idea has always been for civilians to control the military, not the other way around.

99% of all Vets are civilians.

I think that we should have a draft. No deferments. Everyone has skin in the game. If you are anti war it would make you work harder than just flapping your gums. If you are one to say "Let's go kick their ass" Then it puts you in the game instead of barking from under the porch.

IMHO

Last edited:
People still sell face to face?

:nah:

Considering you should spend as close to 100% of your time presenting your product or service to clients, you know, selling, then setting appointments and driving around town is a bit of a waste of time. Even if you close 100% face to face, it won't ever equal to selling over the phone. Add technology and sales skills in and it's not even close.

It's 2012 ladies and gentleman, Med Supp carriers are now on board with, or gravitating towards online apps, as is FE, it's happening just as it did in health, whether you like it or not.

As I sit here getting ready for my outside sales appointment tomorrow. I find I am at that point where gas prices are starting to affect my business.

My client and I are going over the options on the phone and she says "well I know that I need the larger one but with the commute cost going up so much, maybe I better only do the . one" She does not say the face amount but the premium amount. They are long time clients and I write many of their family members so I would drive out to see her anyway.
However, at $4.12 a gallon and 120 miles away I find myself calculating the cost v reward.

I decided to get out and press the flesh more this year and I will. However....

Anyone else seeing clients starting to hold back due to raising commute cost. Probably does not affect the retired crowd as much but the working class is starting to notice.

People still sell face to face?

:nah:

Considering you should spend as close to 100% of your time presenting your product or service to clients, you know, selling, then setting appointments and driving around town is a bit of a waste of time. Even if you close 100% face to face, it won't ever equal to selling over the phone. Add technology and sales skills in and it's not even close.

It's 2012 ladies and gentleman, Med Supp carriers are now on board with, or gravitating towards online apps, as is FE, it's happening just as it did in health, whether you like it or not.

You are 100% wrong and 100% correct. Depends on the client, product and my gut. There are no absolutes in this business. IMHO

In the last week I have done 1 case F2F and the rest by phone. And they were all 100% the correct way to do them. For me. half of the clients called me and asked for the insurance. My lead cost is zero. Many times going on a F2F is as much for my benefit as it is for theirs.

Just my 2 cents.

Back