GL Class Code Resource(s)

rva1CT

I started my independent agency about a year ago, thinking I would be primarily personal lines, but about 40% of my new business is commercial lines.

Does anybody know of a (free or low cost) resource for looking up Class Codes for commercial general liability?

Any help is appreciated.

Rich

I have the same problem. It is really a pain not to have access to these class codes for a reasonable price.

ReferenceUSA is free if your library provides it and you have a library card with them. Same format as sales genie too...

Are you an independent or captive agent? If captive, then your underwriting departments should subscribe to ISO and have access to the manuals available.

I have been in Premium audit/Loss control for more than 12 years and I can first hand tell you that there is nothing worse the auditing a mis-classified policy. This creates havoc on every level.

As far as a specific guide to all class codes, that is through a subscription service. You can find that registration and details for contact at iso . com

This is a pricey resource but in my humble opinion, a resource that should be a requirement that every insurance agent be required to have. Here you can gain access to all WC codes, GL Codes, State Rules, as well as many bulletins related to topics that are commonly messed up when a policy is written.

Hope this helps!

I am a subscriber to these resources and would be glad to provide any advice on codes you may need. I am not a paid consultant at this time, but have certainly kicked around the idea.

Phil

Latest posts

Back