Good Health Plans for People Under 65

I mainly deal with the senior market, but I often get referrals and calls from people under 65 wanting health insurance.

Normally I'll pitch them NewEra's health saver plus 2 policy, but many people dislike how it's set up (them paying X dollars and you have to pay everything over it, as opposed to just having a copayment and the rest being covered)

What are some good policies you'd recommend? Preferably ones that also pay a decent commission.

I sell New Era Health plans, quite successfully. You saying it is not an indemnity plan shows how ill trained you are. It most definitely is just that. And if you think people with a $6,750 deductible "just having a copayment and the rest being covered" also shows how little you know about the plan, how to structure it and how to present it, to make sure it is a good fit for the client and they understand what it does and does not do. You ought to go back to training class or sell something else.

No HSA contribution....no tax deductibility of insurance premiums if self employed....not a charitable contribution either.....else, a fraction of the premium cost of non-subsidized ACA plans....so you have to weigh your overall options carefully

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your courtesy in providing it.

Yes, coming off $560 / mo cobra coverage, it appears to be a tragedy in several acts:

Cost: $600-$800 minimum (I think Medishare CHM option was between $250-$300)
Coverage type: EPO or PPO
Carrier: bcbsKS or Medica (Connect)
Learning about retirement planning along with Health Ins: Can W2 employee of employer with no health insurance purchase an ACA plan and an HSA? (and then if the answer is yes, learning about the "right" ACA plan and how to go about creating an HSA.)

It's most stressful.

Back