Got $100 Google Adwords Coupon Any Tips?

my advice is simple: Test, test, and test...

I'd add focus, focus, and focus. Make sure you begin with a very clear and direct path from the keywords >> your ad >> landing page. Narrow things down as much as possible and USE NEGATIVE MATCH KEYWORDS. If you feel like things are too narrow and you want more leads, don't make the campaign broader; make more campaigns.

I think Metlife does a really good job on the life side. Study their campaigns. They do a good job of making the ad match the search. Search for $500k life insurance and they show you a rate for $500k in term coverage. Search for "affordable life insurance" and they show you an add featuring "low cost" plans.

Take a look at these two examples:

2yjtq8z.png

2ibgbc0.png

You won't see their ads showing up on things like "life insurance sales" or "life insurance training", and you can bet the headline on the landing page matches the search and the ad. Click on the $500k ad and the landing page is an app for $500k in coverage. Click on the "low cost" page and the landing page is an app for a $13/month plan.

Managing large campaigns is pretty daunting...

I have one website where I have about 30,000 keywords with over 3-5 ads per adgroup with 12 adgroups, all with manual bidding, and different landing page variations... Then you throw in the day-parting and testing...

This is why most agents should just stick with direct mail until they're big enough to hire in-house. Chances are if you're doing it yourself you won't have time to be good at PPC, Selling, Product Knowledge.

Not a smart use of time IMO.

Last edited:
I'd add focus, focus, and focus. Make sure you begin with a very clear and direct path from the keywords >> your ad >> landing page. Narrow things down as much as possible and USE NEGATIVE MATCH KEYWORDS. If you feel like things are too narrow and you want more leads, don't make the campaign broader; make more campaigns.

I think Metlife does a really good job on the life side. Study their campaigns. They do a good job of making the ad match the search. Search for $500k life insurance and they show you a rate for $500k in term coverage. Search for "affordable life insurance" and they show you an add featuring "low cost" plans.

Take a look at these two examples:

2yjtq8z.png

2ibgbc0.png

You won't see their ads showing up on things like "life insurance sales" or "life insurance training", and you can bet the headline on the landing page matches the search and the ad. Click on the $500k ad and the landing page is an app for $500k in coverage. Click on the "low cost" page and the landing page is an app for a $13/month plan.

very good point! very very good

I received a $100 credit voucher from google adwords about a year ago, when I first got into adwords.

since then, I have received several other credit voucher offers from google, ranging from $50-100. some were by mail, some email. but either way, none of them ever worked! all were declined because I had received a credit voucher a year ago.

unless things have changed recently, I think it's a one time only deal. So use that credit wisely!

I received a $100 credit voucher from google adwords about a year ago, when I first got into adwords.

since then, I have received several other credit voucher offers from google, ranging from $50-100. some were by mail, some email. but either way, none of them ever worked! all were declined because I had received a credit voucher a year ago.

unless things have changed recently, I think it's a one time only deal. So use that credit wisely!

I have the same problems. Is there a trick to using coupons more than once or different coupon if so. what's the trick?

Back