Got Call Back for 2nd Interview with AllState (need Pointers!!!)

AllStatePro27

Okay guys, as per my last thread I just received a call back from the IA at AllState. He's gonna call me tomorrow to let me know when to come in. He basically has 2 positions to fill and 3 possible candidates. He told me he wants to try a little roll play and throw some objections at me to see how I handle them. Very nervous about this considering I have absolutely no experience with selling insurance. Do any of you have any pointers or possible objections and how to overcome them for me? Any help with his is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Re: Got Call Back for 2nd Interview with AllState (need Pointers!

if you pass the fog the mirror portion you will be just fine.......you got the job

Tell him that you only shop at Sears, you have a Sears card and a Discover card, and that your broker is with Dean Witter. Oh, and you bought your home from a Coldwell Banker real estate agent and all your tools are Craftsmen. Make sure to wear your Lands End too.

Allstate, are you doing P&C, or worksite? Either way, Allstate sucks!

It's very hard to make a career out of it, mis-management, quotas, they treat you like dirt once you join up.

And thats the positive...

Tell him that you only shop at Sears, you have a Sears card and a Discover card, and that your broker is with Dean Witter. Oh, and you bought your home from a Coldwell Banker real estate agent and all your tools are Craftsmen. Make sure to wear your Lands End too.
Oh and don't forget you furnished your entire home from the Home Life!

Allstate, are you doing P&C, or worksite? Either way, Allstate sucks!

It's very hard to make a career out of it, mis-management, quotas, they treat you like dirt once you join up.

And thats the positive...

P&C for starters, and thanks for the words of encouragement by the way, however "AllState Sucks" doesn't really qualify as what I was looking for as help in this thread. It's a shame that your opinion of AllState isn't possitive. Have you ever worked for them? Unless you know of another company that is better that I can work for and can get me a job I'll have to make what I can of this. At least he will sponser me to at least get licensed, and if I don't like it then I can always leave to go to another agency. Hopefully it won't come down to that cause AllState is a big name in the insurance industry and I'm hoping that I can use that to my advantage. The guy that is running this branch is young, and if he can do it. Well so can I.

P&C for starters, and thanks for the words of encouragement by the way, however "AllState Sucks" doesn't really qualify as what I was looking for as help in this thread. It's a shame that your opinion of AllState isn't possitive. Have you ever worked for them? Unless you know of another company that is better that I can work for and can get me a job I'll have to make what I can of this. At least he will sponser me to at least get licensed, and if I don't like it then I can always leave to go to another agency. Hopefully it won't come down to that cause AllState is a big name in the insurance industry and I'm hoping that I can use that to my advantage. The guy that is running this branch is young, and if he can do it. Well so can I.

I am a Allstate IA, Allstate is starting to get aggressive in my area just not on properties. Don't let anybody get you down there are ups and downs with every company...I have over 15 companies and Allstate is my largest player and you can absolutely use the name recognition.

You're going to get a few Allstate guys saying its great. Even more guys saying they are horrible. Biggest thing I can tell you is there is probably some truth to both of them. Try to level out the roller coaster and see what the reasons are they are saying these things.

I have no P&C experience so can't weigh in on that side, but as someone who has been in insurance for a short time, I've been in a similar spot. There are hundreds of directions to go. The emotion everyone else has when offering their opinion is from their experience, but there is usually some truth/explanation behind the emotions. Try not to let the emotion keep you from considering the facts behind it.

Just go for it.... Sounds like you are working as a producer/CSR, not as an agency owner. You'll do fine, you don't have to deal with everyone (on here) feelings about Allstate, State Farm, Farmers, Nationwide, Geico, whatever.

Here is my tip for you.... to overcome objections.... old school, but the guy will recognize it and acknowledge it....

Feel.... Felt.... Found.....

Prospect: The price is to high!!!

You: I know how you feel, many of my current clients felt the same way at first. What they found is the service the office offers and the experience when you have a claim is well worth the extra $5 a month in premium.

You can apply this to almost any emotional objection. The idea is to show a bit of empathy, relate to the prospect, and then basically ignore the objection (notice, it sounded good but didn't actually fix anything).

The other tip I'll throw in for free (my sales training CD's should be out in the next 5 years) is F.O.R. (for)

When a client sits down with you, you will need to establish a bit of rapport with them. When you start out, its frequently hard to know how to get started. It's important though, because it helps you explore what you need to talk about as a whole.

F: Family, ask them about their family. This has several purposes ultimately, such as who needs to be listed on the auto policy, are there opportunities for life insurance, and for extended families, it makes for referral opportunities. You can also ask about their home (rent or buy) in this section. Keep it light though, don't push beyond what they want to talk about.
O: Occupation - People like talking about what they do. It also helps you gauge them financially and what coverages they will need. In some states, carriers give discounts for some occupations. Show interest in what they do.
R: Recreation - What do they do for enjoyment in life? You'll find people will open up a bit during this, plus you'll find several cross-sell opportunities. You'll also find areas you can relate to them.

This should take less than 5 minutes and should be smooth.... it takes practice.

The idea here, beyond getting information for the sale, is to build a relationship. Your prospect states he coaches his son's little league team, when you are talking to him next spring, you can ask him how the team is going. It really helps with the relationship!!!

Third tip: Take notes, keep them in a way you have instant access to them when they call. It's hard to remember that conversation about little league 9 months later after you have talked to hundreds of others since you had that converstion.

Dan

you must remember that allstate is available career shop and thru IA's.

Back