Got Call Back for 2nd Interview with AllState (need Pointers!!!)

Re: Got Call Back for 2nd Interview with AllState (need Pointers!

Just go for it.... Sounds like you are working as a producer/CSR, not as an agency owner. You'll do fine, you don't have to deal with everyone (on here) feelings about Allstate, State Farm, Farmers, Nationwide, Geico, whatever.

Here is my tip for you.... to overcome objections.... old school, but the guy will recognize it and acknowledge it....

Feel.... Felt.... Found.....

Prospect: The price is to high!!!

You: I know how you feel, many of my current clients felt the same way at first. What they found is the service the office offers and the experience when you have a claim is well worth the extra $5 a month in premium.

You can apply this to almost any emotional objection. The idea is to show a bit of empathy, relate to the prospect, and then basically ignore the objection (notice, it sounded good but didn't actually fix anything).

The other tip I'll throw in for free (my sales training CD's should be out in the next 5 years) is F.O.R. (for)

When a client sits down with you, you will need to establish a bit of rapport with them. When you start out, its frequently hard to know how to get started. It's important though, because it helps you explore what you need to talk about as a whole.

F: Family, ask them about their family. This has several purposes ultimately, such as who needs to be listed on the auto policy, are there opportunities for life insurance, and for extended families, it makes for referral opportunities. You can also ask about their home (rent or buy) in this section. Keep it light though, don't push beyond what they want to talk about.
O: Occupation - People like talking about what they do. It also helps you gauge them financially and what coverages they will need. In some states, carriers give discounts for some occupations. Show interest in what they do.
R: Recreation - What do they do for enjoyment in life? You'll find people will open up a bit during this, plus you'll find several cross-sell opportunities. You'll also find areas you can relate to them.

This should take less than 5 minutes and should be smooth.... it takes practice.

The idea here, beyond getting information for the sale, is to build a relationship. Your prospect states he coaches his son's little league team, when you are talking to him next spring, you can ask him how the team is going. It really helps with the relationship!!!

Third tip: Take notes, keep them in a way you have instant access to them when they call. It's hard to remember that conversation about little league 9 months later after you have talked to hundreds of others since you had that converstion.

Dan

love the old school sales technique! this remains tried and true! as far as 'FOR' i would add 'M' and make it 'FORM' the 'm' would be MONEY! what are they looking to do? do they have 50k for an annuity? can only afford $100/month in term? have a $1-million house they need to insure? it really is a great transition from 'FOR' to business!

just my .02

Last edited:

Here is a quote from the Runningclock that you should heed:

I have picked up a couple of hundred subscribers in past few months that want to know info on Allstate. I prefer to let agents answer through this forum instead of answering myself. I am breaking this tradition on this one issue. I recommend to all who are in states that permit it to record conversations with managers and promises made. When folks are risking their 401K and homes on a 90 day contract there is probably going to be a need for this in future litigation.

If your state does not permit recording, at least memorialize with dates and times what these shameless managers are telling you.

I think the pointers for the second interview should be towards the EXIT!!!!!

Here is another quote from the Runningclock:

In response to your request for warning letters attached is my latest threat. I bought my agency August 1, 2006. Since that date I have seen commission income decline $100K. In addition I have lost my financial support for marketing, paper and printer supplies.

In NC TC has non-renewed Motor home polices, land lord polices and now intend to non-renew all mobile home polices. They also will be non-renewing all property insurance if we did not have line 10 coverage effective December 18, 2010.

We can sign an agreement for non-renewed property coverage with an Ivantage company but, we have no ownership in the business and must sign a three year non-compete agreement.

Finally since we are on the Georgia/NC border we find that all GA insurance will see an average of 24% rate increase upon renewal.

I owe Allstate Bank $240,000 and my TPP is approximately $140,000 so when I am terminated I will be left with a balance to Allstate bank of $100K. I will also owe the original owner $300,000 on a second mortgage.

What an opportunity I bought.

Back