Group Health- Looking

chsmeddotcom

Hello

My company is looking for a qualified agent out of the Tampa Bay area to handle our group health. We have approx 160 members. Policy is up for renewal.

Company operates out of Sarasota, FL with offices in TX, GA, OK, CA, and WA.

If anyone has any leads please shoot me a pm.

Last edited:
I may have talked to someone about this a few weeks ago. Received a phone call, looking for information and assistance on a "group" covering multiple states and was particularly interested in a money purchase approach.

Could be the same person or not. When I tried to get more information about who he was and what he wanted his response was something to the effect he was not some sleazy insurance agent peddling junk.

The conversation ended shortly thereafter.

Looking at the thread starter, this person is referring to "members" not employees.

Anyone pursuing this should clarify the circumstances before investing too much time.

Two things that strike me as potential red flags:

A group of that size needs to go looking for a group agent? In my neck of the woods, all he would have to do is sit by the phone and field the prospecting calls.

The "members" catch also adds to the mix. I would ask some very pointed questions before advancing on this lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI.............
3/27/12
I emailed thread starter.
researched company via email address
3/28/12
I received an email back asking for local representation
Spoke to my local contact who stated he had been getting a lot of calls regarding the group from other local agents. He gave me the name of the company and the business focus. Nailed it!

This makes it very hard to assist, chsmeddotcom.

Good luck with everything.......You are in great hands....with whomever you decide to go with......

One does not need to be local to handle that size of group. That is what planes and phones are for. The larger the group, the easier it is to deal with. The more complicated the case the better because fewer agents know how to handle.

Last edited:
One does not need to be local to handle that size of group. That is what planes and phones are for. The larger the group, the easier it is to deal with. The more complicated the case the better because fewer agents know how to handle.

I disagree on a case this size.
If the group was 1,600 lives then I would agree with you.

The group may want to build a relationship with the broker. They also might need a lot of hand holding and a extremely high level of customer service. A large agency might not give that level of service.

A broker could look at Self Funding the case with a TPA to assist with a hand holding type group. An ASO plan would be able to deliver much higher discounts than a TPA but no hand holding.

This size case should have local working on it.

I may have talked to someone about this a few weeks ago. Received a phone call, looking for information and assistance on a "group" covering multiple states and was particularly interested in a money purchase approach.

I got and email two weeks ago from chsmed asking to provide assistance.
Ignored it as spam.

Latest posts

Back