Have an $11M Allstate Agency. Should I Go IA?

it sounds like another class action lawsuit against allstate, brewing ...if they do cut your commissions 6/6. agencys would fold all over the place..you would have to sue, and then go indy,didn't the florida agents sue allstate a few years ago... of course we are adding to the rumor.. and after another 50 post. it become real..lol

I haven't heard about 6/6...the 8/8 has been in the rumor mill for some time. Usually these rumors come to fruition but
I don't believe it will happen for a couple of years. Right now, from what I understand, regions are changing their RFG and agent expected results to make it somewhat more lenient for them to get their bonus...sort of throwing them a bone for not being able to write much of the business that calls or walks through the door.

11M bucks?...Don't be too hasty. That's a big check to miss every month.

For me it would be all about the multiplier. They arent going for what they used to but I have heard about guys getting close to 3x.

They arent going for what they used to but I have heard about guys getting close to 3x.

That'd have to be on hell of a book. 1.5-2 or so is what I've been seeing more lately. Paying 3x for a captive book would have to have a killer loss ratio, stellar retention, well established staff, and steady new business growth. Either that, or just one uninformed buyer :)

That'd have to be on hell of a book. 1.5-2 or so is what I've been seeing more lately. Paying 3x for a captive book would have to have a killer loss ratio, stellar retention, well established staff, and steady new business growth. Either that, or just one uninformed buyer :)

Certainly could be either of those. I heard of two recently thought that went for 2.8 or so. Thought that was pretty good.

For me it would be all about the multiplier. They arent going for what they used to but I have heard about guys getting close to 3x.

For a captive Allstate book? I'm not buying that ( no pun intended)...well, on second thought, 3x the 6/6 commish doesn't add up to much more than 1x anyway so maybe this is true.

For a captive Allstate book? I'm not buying that ( no pun intended)...well, on second thought, 3x the 6/6 commish doesn't add up to much more than 1x anyway so maybe this is true.

Yea at this point I would take my statement at surface level. I will see if I can get some more info. I know 4 years ago 3x was the starting point in my part of the country but times change.

I am a captive agent with another company with approx $1mill in premium. I have an interview with Allstate in a couple of weeks. From reading this, I probably need to be a little more cautious. What should I ask about the 6/6? What is it? What other questions should I ask?

Back