Have You Ever Almost Lost It with a Client?

I have a couple of clients that have been as annoying as possible since the day that I met them.

Today, I almost lost it. She started in on how I needed to provide certain info. to her, and I responded that I sent her the appropriate form that she needed to sign and the number to fax, and assured her that her request would be honored.

She then begans to tell me that I need to call and get the information for her. I explained to her that I did get it for her, and I've emailed her the form that she needs to sign and fax, simple.

She continues to argue with me about it, telling me that I can get the info. over the phone. At this point it made no sense at all. I told her that I wasn't going to argue with her over this, that I had requested the form be sent to her via mail, and then a company rep indicated that a fax would take care of it and I passed this along to her.

I strengthened the tone of my voice, when she indicated that I was hiding something from her, but I didn't raise it. Fortunately we were on the phone, in person my face would have turned red.

This kind of stuff is bound to happen when you increase your case load, but I've had some real doozies, since I had to start hawking the life and annuity business again.

Selling Major Med was like eating icecream compared to some of the nuts that I've had to work with this year.

you just whip out the hippa card....they can only tell you...they will not tell me.......

Mine was listening to the man of the house say he made all the decisions and his wife wasn't needed to be at the presentations. After spending time presenting and answering questions he says he has to talk it over with his wife.. Never again...

My favorite is those who say that their health history is none of the insurance companies business. WTF???

One of my greatest pleasures was firing a PITA client. He started making some demands and telling me what he was and wasn't going to do and what I was going to do. At that point, I told him he can find another agent to help him. He tried to back track a little. He was a fairly new client and I told him that if he is this much of a problem now, he'd be an even bigger problem in the future and that I didn't need his business that bad.

Man was he pissed at me after that. It sure felt good.

One of my greatest pleasures was firing a PITA client. He started making some demands and telling me what he was and wasn't going to do and what I was going to do. At that point, I told him he can find another agent to help him. He tried to back track a little. He was a fairly new client and I told him that if he is this much of a problem now, he'd be an even bigger problem in the future and that I didn't need his business that bad.

Man was he pissed at me after that. It sure felt good.

Thanks for that, I am pretty sure he is one of our clients now!:D

Mine was listening to the man of the house say he made all the decisions and his wife wasn't needed to be at the presentations. After spending time presenting and answering questions he says he has to talk it over with his wife.. Never again...

:D:D I had that happen to me before. But the wife was in the kitchen listening the whole time, and I saw her. I turned my head to the kitchen, and said, "you got all that mrs. customer?" She says yeah and smiled. I was able to close the deal. (Lucky Break)

Well I have had two today that I lost it with...

1) Small commercial auto account. Won't go in a lot of detail but it boils down to guy said he wanted liability only on a 2k car he just bought. He wrecks the car the next day and wants us to change it to full coverage. After he has realized that this isn't going to happen...he then wants to talk to the boss. Lucky me...so I get cussed up and down...took it for about 15 mins and finally hung up on the guy.

2) Girl comes in yesterday policy canceled back in first part of June. Told her I was going to try to get the policy reinstated for her and not just rewrite her so she could avoid the fine at MVA. She was fine paid all she had to get the policy reinstated. I explained she would have a bill due on next week too...and that her payments are going up about 10 because there is one less month to bill for now. She was fine. Goes home talks to her boyfriend...this guy calls me up and when I start explaining this to him he then proceeds to give me some attitude about how I am ripping them off and that he was going to cancel the policy. So I informed him that he wasn't listed on the policy so I didn't even have to talk about this account but since I know that he helps her pay her bills I would but he wouldn’t be able to cancel her policy. I told him that if she canceled the policy back that was fine and she could use the refund to pay the MVA for the fines that they would have. Well then he wanted to talk to the BOSS...guess what bud you got him...so then he adjusted his attitude and we then had a civil conversation that actually ended well. MEANING he listened to me…I did your girlfriend a favor and called the company to ask for reinstatement hey I SAVED you/ your girl friend a fine by getting the policy reinstated. So then he says…oh she didn’t explain it like that…

Well I have had two today that I lost it with...

2) Girl comes in yesterday policy canceled back in first part of June. Told her I was going to try to get the policy reinstated for her and not just rewrite her so she could avoid the fine at MVA. She was fine paid all she had to get the policy reinstated. I explained she would have a bill due on next week too...and that her payments are going up about 10 because there is one less month to bill for now. She was fine. Goes home talks to her boyfriend...this guy calls me up and when I start explaining this to him he then proceeds to give me some attitude about how I am ripping them off and that he was going to cancel the policy. So I informed him that he wasn't listed on the policy so I didn't even have to talk about this account but since I know that he helps her pay her bills I would but he wouldn’t be able to cancel her policy. I told him that if she canceled the policy back that was fine and she could use the refund to pay the MVA for the fines that they would have. Well then he wanted to talk to the BOSS...guess what bud you got him...so then he adjusted his attitude and we then had a civil conversation that actually ended well. MEANING he listened to me…I did your girlfriend a favor and called the company to ask for reinstatement hey I SAVED you/ your girl friend a fine by getting the policy reinstated. So then he says…oh she didn’t explain it like that…

I figured one of you Auto guys would have stories like that,
it takes a thick skin to sell insurance successfully, but when you encounter a certain degree of stupidity mixed with rudeness, the discussion breaks down.

This one took the cake for me. "Sign this and you can get what you want" No, you tell me what I want to know. Okay, "Sign this and you can have it". No, is there something you're keeping from me. No, not a thing, I'm not even the one that stole your common sense.

If you could have heard what a stupid conversation that I had, half the agents on this board would have been laughing.

Back