Have You Ever Almost Lost It with a Client?

I then proceeded to rip him a new one. "Why the hell would I call you to re-schedule when you admitted that you knew earlier in the day that you would not be able to fit me in, but you didn't bother to call me? And then, even worse, you have me sit out here for half an hour so that you can then come out and tell me that you can't meet with me? Why didn't you have the courtesy to call and re-schedule instead of waisting my time and having me drive all the way out here so that you could waist more of my time?" I was livid. The prospect stammered and tripped over himself apologizing, and the one satisfaction that I did get was that the receptionist was barely able to control herself from bursting out laughing. I told him I had no intention of re-scheduling with someone who had no respect for someone else's time and left. As a side note, I am a 6'2", 270lb bodybuilder that can be physically imposing to some, more so when I lose my temper. He looked like he was about ready to soil his britches.

Sounds like Roid rage to me......

A few years ago I cold called my way into an appointment with a medium sized group (50-100), and after being announced by the receptionist, the prospect came out to the lobby and apologized for running a little late. He said he would be about 15 or 20 minutes, to which I responded no problem, things come up.

After waiting for about half an hour, the prospect came back out and bruskly informed me that his schedule had been impacted by things that came up during the day (he basically implied that he knew earlier in the day that he was going to have to re-schedule) and that he did not have time to meet with me that day after all. He then asked me to give him a call to re-schedule for some other time.

I then proceeded to rip him a new one. "Why the hell would I call you to re-schedule when you admitted that you knew earlier in the day that you would not be able to fit me in, but you didn't bother to call me? And then, even worse, you have me sit out here for half an hour so that you can then come out and tell me that you can't meet with me? Why didn't you have the courtesy to call and re-schedule instead of waisting my time and having me drive all the way out here so that you could waist more of my time?" I was livid. The prospect stammered and tripped over himself apologizing, and the one satisfaction that I did get was that the receptionist was barely able to control herself from bursting out laughing. I told him I had no intention of re-scheduling with someone who had no respect for someone else's time and left. As a side note, I am a 6'2", 270lb bodybuilder that can be physically imposing to some, more so when I lose my temper. He looked like he was about ready to soil his britches.

Perhaps not the most professional way to handle it, but I do not subscribe to the premise that the prospect or client is always right. If a prospect thinks that they can treat you like crap from day one, that gives you a pretty good insight into their character and they are not someone I want to work with.

"Perhaps not the most professional way to handle it, but I do not subscribe to the premise that the prospect or client is always right. If a prospect thinks that they can treat you like crap from day one, that gives you a pretty good insight into their character and they are not someone I want to work with. "

I agree 1000%.

In previous (mortgage) career, I had quite a few folks I wound up telling, to their faces, "I don't want your business, go somewhere else and start all over".

People who run roughshod all over you from the beginning if you let them are just simply not worth the time or damage to my constitution.

Politicians choose money over pride. Heard a local one last night that ate the largest piece of humble pie that I've ever seen and he did it because he was paid to, not because he had to do it.

It was painful to watch and he gave an overly long speech about why he reversed a laudable position that he had taken and the longer he talked the worse it got for him.

Although Horace Mann was known as the father of public education, he really should be given credit for the ultimate dumbing down of America.

Rick

What does this have to do with THIS THREAD??????:goofy::swoon:

Sh*t. I am getting old. Posted in the wrong thread.

So I'm going to delete my post and people will never know......

Rick

Don't worry Rick, I have your back, I will make sure everyone knows.:D:D:D

Back