Have You Gotten Paid on Your "On Exchange" Sales?

I suspect there is no auto renewal of health plans or subsidies come 2015. Everyone who bought this year will have to buy again for next year. No broker information will be transferred over.

Actually there is a section where the consumer can chose to hav ethe marketplace autorenew for up to five years. The agent info is supposed to stay attached. We shall see.

many agents try after the fact to add their numbe rto get credit for the enrollment anyways.
This is the most crooked thing I have ever seen, or been a part of.

Here in California, approx. 80% of the Exch business was agent generated. So I, the agent, bring the Exch the insured, the app goes sideways, I'm no longer the agent, I'm a crook for trying to add myself???

Here in California, approx. 80% of the Exch business was agent generated. So I, the agent, bring the Exch the insured, the app goes sideways, I'm no longer the agent, I'm a crook for trying to add myself???

No that was'nt ever said. the ACA is Crooked as a whole. If you are trying to add your name to a consumers record after that consumer has already done the application then yes your a crook.

No that was'nt ever said. the ACA is Crooked as a whole. If you are trying to add your name to a consumers record after that consumer has already done the application then yes your a crook.

OMG Matt! You come to an insurance agent's forum and call everyone who has helped write Exchange business a Crook? By your own admission, the Exchanges were designed and operated poorly. Its inevitable that an agent would have to add himself to a client's account/case after the fact, because so much important data was lost in the process of obtaining a plan via the Marketplace.
-Allen

1) A consumer asks an agent for help with the application, the marketplace will not allow the completion of the app. The Consumer then completes the application without the help of the agent. Why should we as agents get credit for starting something that we did not complete?

2) A consumer asks an agent for help with the application, the marketplace will not allow the completion of the app. The agent assists the consumer complete the app and enroll in coverage. The agent should get credit for the application.

3) The consumer fills out an applications and enrolls in coverage thru the marketplace and after the fact asks an agent to look over the application. The agent tries to add his/her number to get credit for the app. Why is that ok?

4) The client fills out the financial application, and then gets overwhelmed with the plan selection (company / plans / PPO vs HMO / drug formularies / doctor in network / Price / clawbacks, etc, etc), and THEN calls an agent.

The client wants the agents help, the agent wants to help the client, both want the agent to get paid, both agree the only way to do so is to "remove" the app and start over.

Everyone wins.

1) A consumer asks an agent for help with the application, the marketplace will not allow the completion of the app. The Consumer then completes the application without the help of the agent. Why should we as agents get credit for starting something that we did not complete?

2) A consumer asks an agent for help with the application, the marketplace will not allow the completion of the app. The agent assists the consumer complete the app and enroll in coverage. The agent should get credit for the application.

3) The consumer fills out an applications and enrolls in coverage thru the marketplace and after the fact asks an agent to look over the application. The agent tries to add his/her number to get credit for the app. Why is that ok?

Just another example of why experienced agents shouldn't spend 5 minutes dealing with crap like this.

It's OK for the marketplace to erase an agent's ID from an application but it's not OK to add an agent after the application was started regardless of how much time and effort was made by the agent to educate the consumer.

The marketplace will blow up in the very near future and people like the one who wrote these posts will have to go back to the private sector where they once again will fail miserably.

Name your state, name the carriers, and tell us if you are independent, then we might believe you.

Any bets a commercial comes for a general agency solution.

4) The client wants the agents help, the agent wants to help the client, both want the agent to get paid, both agree the only way to do so is to "remove" the app and start over.

Everyone wins.

Yeppers that would be the case

----------

Just another example of why experienced agents shouldn't spend 5 minutes dealing with crap like this.

It's OK for the marketplace to erase an agent's ID from an application but it's not OK to add an agent after the application was started regardless of how much time and effort was made by the agent to educate the consumer.

The marketplace will blow up in the very near future and people like the one who wrote these posts will have to go back to the private sector where they once again will fail miserably.

At what point did I state the marketplace erased anything?
At what point did I state that PRIOR to enrollment it was not ok to add an Agents ID?

Why do you feel it necessary to NOT read and understand what i posted then post this? (people like the one who wrote these posts will have to go back to the private sector where they once again will fail miserably)

You are wanting to be combative with me for no reason.
If what i stated about the shady things done make you feel guilty then look at yourself not me.

Back