"Have You Tried the 100 Calls Method?"

Great article for those getting started, or if you find yourself in a temporary slump. Have you tried the "100 calls" method? | LifeHealthPro

Hard to do that with FE sales, but I like Brian Tracy and think this is a good idea. I have noticed that when I don't care if I make the sale, my presentation goes smoother.

Being desperate for a sale must show up on our face. Prospects can sense it and I think they interpret it as us being untrustworthy.

There's a certain authority and security that is communicated what you don't care and don't need any single sale.

You care enough to communicate your best ideas and thoughts... but you aren't desperate, and don't reek of "commission breath" when you aren't 'needy' for that sale.

You come off desperate when you tell people what you do. You come off confident when you have the balls to ask them the hard questions instead.

You come off desperate when you tell people what you do. You come off confident when you have the balls to ask them the hard questions instead.

It depends on how long-winded your explanation is of what you do.

For example... "You know how... ? Well, what I do is..." is long-winded.

If you ask people in other professions, it's simple:
- "I'm a money manager."
- "I'm a firefighter."
- "I'm a police officer."
- "I'm a bank teller."

They're not trying to be "overly creative" or make their job any more glamorous to get people to be interested.

However, to avoid being pigeonholed as only someone that sells insurance policies (by saying "I'm a life insurance agent")... this is what I do:

"I insure financial plans for today and tomorrow."

That's simple and concise. It's factual and it's not pretentious. It also begs to be asked "How do you do that?" or "What do you mean?", so I can go further into an explanation... and as Briko3 said - you ask the hard, big, and bold questions.

There's a certain authority and security that is communicated what you don't care and don't need any single sale.

You care enough to communicate your best ideas and thoughts... but you aren't desperate, and don't reek of "commission breath" when you aren't 'needy' for that sale.

"Commission breath" is the perfect term and will kill a sale.

DHK, I have to say since I've been coming here, I've followed your advice quite often. So thank you. For some reason, when I can't get going there are a few of you I come to read and get back on track. You're one of those people.

As far as the 100 calls method goes, oh hell yes, I've done this so many times, I can't count. I was told ten years ago to do this as a newbie (nov of 2004 is when I was licensed), and this still holds true today. I was also told out of 100 calls, I should talk to at least 20 people, and out of those 20 people I should get two appointments. This was all true and still is, only now I generally get a few more appointments than two, and OF COURSE I GET REFERRALS NOW :). When I say two, I mean two solid appointments (you know, the ones that WILL buy and be retained--I am selective on who I will set appointments with--retention is a big big deal for me). I'm not talking about the ones who will let you stop by and "drop off info". lol

I'm still amazed at how this works. The owner of the company used to say, if you do this, you will by DEFAULT get the sales. He was right, and also a Brian Tracey fan. I still do this, for free, right out of the yellow pages and it does work. I'm old fashioned I guess, what can I say...the numbers DO average out. I still make little stick marks in a standard old notebook to remind me of what call # I'm on. I also can say which number set an appointment with me, i.e, call #46 set appointment then so did #68 and #72. lol

I think anyone with a voice can do this, and as my old boss would say, it's a no brainer..."all squirrels who do this will get a nut or two!" --- those nuts add up. I wish I could call 300 a day, but I get burnt fast.

Anyway, carry on...I usually make my 100 or so calls on Mondays, so I am already a day behind...here I go back to the phone.

----------

Commission breath!!!! Never heard that one, but yes, great description.!!!

Back