HC.gov is DOWN - Provide Updates Here

Ok, I have the same question as Allen, has the govt reneged on auto renewing policy's? Sure hope not, I told a whole bunch of my clients last week they would.

They will auto renew BUT they will give the subsidy based on 2014 premiums. Active-Renew gives the subsidy based on 2015 premiums.

I take it that HHS isn't "auto renewing" every company plan like they promised? My client accounts show as being scheduled for automatic renewal on 1/1/2015, with 2015 Premium and Subsidy also displayed. They're all with one company though. All others are being terminated 12/31/2014.

All plans technically end on 12/31/14, and show as such. But renew automatically. Think of it as a "contract" that ends, but is extended if not revoked.

OK. Thanks HouCoogster and YAgents. That's a relief. I was concerned that something was announced in the last week which mandated that subsidy recipients had to renew.

For the clients that ask, I'm advising them to leave things alone. When tax time comes, they'll be reconciling subsidy deserved against subsidy received anyway.

I'm relatively certain the answer to this is "no", but does anyone know of a status page where we can see actual up/down status of HC.gov and the carrier/WBE connection part of HC.gov?

WOuld be nice if there were some transparency to status...

Back