Health Insurance for Independents?

PANewbie

Expert
Hi All,

I'm working on getting licensed in PA (life & health). I'm curious as to the personal insurance benefits I'll have available. Do you independent agents provide your own health insurance, if so at what cost for family? What about life? It seems there is some personal opportunity, just not sure what to expect or how to approach/plan...

Thanks for any tips!
Gary

Write your own plan - you'll get commissioned on it! Some companies won't advance on a personal plan, though, so if that's your game then shop around a little.

Pa and Oh are where I do 98% of my business. Depending on where you live, an Aetna HSA might be an option. UHC and Blue Cross are competitive in certain areas.

AMS has great rates in Central Pa...if you can stomach them.

Thanks for the input, I'm in a Philly suburb about 25 miles West of the city...
Hey Chumps, you do business out this way?

Here's my scenario:
Married, male 36 yrs, my fie is 45, we have an 8 yr old son. We're in good health, no known illnesses, non smoking family. What would a good rate for decent coverage be for us with a dental rider? Kind of vague I guess.. Hoping someone can shed light.
Currently I pay about 420/mo thru my employer for a pretty crappy HMO with a basic dental rider. Just wondering if it makes sense. What's health commissions run, 20%?? I'm going to concentrate on the Life side being that's where my interest lies but would do this for us if it made sense.

Back