Health Sherpa New Portal For Agents Working On the Exchange

I called Sherpa 4 days ago, no call back, so helpful.
Trying to find out why Aetna is not showing as one of my companies when they did a few days ago, i've already checked my profile and its checked, any suggestions?

I have a question regarding HMOs on HealthSherpa. Last year when I did on-exchange enrollments, I started at bcbstx.com, jumped over to HC.gov, and then back to BCBSTX.com to finish the enrollment. One of the steps was to select a primary care physician.

With Healthsherpa, there is no way to select that, and since I'm not going through the issuer's website at all, how is that PCP being selected? I've signed up 3 so far on HS and I'm not sure how thats going to be handled.

We just signed up over at acaexpress, no txinsurance I don't work for them but they are professional and back office looks great. If you want a different solution check them out. I can't give a review because we just barley signed up a few days ago. I am just trying to save agents time and money. This looks like a long term solution. Just my opinion.

My 4 cents....The Agency that writes the most policies of anyone I know on this Board, used HealthSherpa for 2014 enrollments and is still using them.

Until I hear otherwise, Sherpa must be doing a good job.

Jerry Mathers
Mathers Insurance Agency
Mayfield, Ohio
Service since 1952

Last edited:
I start with the 2013 reported income, ask if there were adjustments or major changes in 2014 (operating cost or revenue). Are any expected for 2015? Use that number for now, try not to max out the subsidy so there is wiggle room if needed either way, and let them know that I'll follow up with them after tax season to see if anything needs to be adjusted after they've filed If there is still a big question mark I follow up after their next quarterly filing.

My 4 cents....The Agency that writes the most policies of anyone I know on this Board, used HealthSherpa for 2014 enrollments and is still using them.

Until I hear otherwise, Sherpa must be doing a good job.

Jerry Mathers
Mathers Insurance Agency
Mayfield, Ohio
Service since 1952

And I confirmed Ohio enrollments have doubled due to Sherpa. Over 10 people (all smokers) are now covered in Ohio.

I just made a bonehead mistake of enrollment someone on Sherpa only to realize I never logged in. How do I best "fix" this so that I get credit for my client.

Back