Health Sherpa New Portal For Agents Working On the Exchange

Hello all!

Sorry for the delay in response. We've had a very busy few weeks here!

1) We have successfully processed over 30,000 apps for HealthSherpa customers. Our customers include several large call centers and hundreds of independent agents. Multiple insurance carriers are using us as their enrollment flow. Agents are taking 8 minutes on average to complete an application. Bottom line - you will sign up more clients with HealthSherpa.

2) We are aggressively improving the service - in the last three weeks, we have released more than 10 new features, and updated our application flow to handle more complex cases. You can expect the same or higher rate of improvements going forward. We are automating the back office for agents, including back/forths with consumers.

3) We are hiring more support reps to help both agents and consumers. If you've had trouble reaching us - we apologize, as the interest has been unprecedented. We will address every call.

4) We are working on GA arrangements so that agents can get the service for free. If you are interested, please send me an email at [email protected] - we will be ready to launch soon with United and a few others.

Finally, we would like to invite everyone to give the service a try. Your first application is free - you will see a $25 credit waiting for you when you sign up at:

https://www.healthsherpa.com/agents/features

Thanks,
Ning

I've submitted 60 apps on Health Sherpa since Nov 15 and have mixed feelings about it. I like the short app, but the customer service and communication with agents is horrible. HS is waaaaay under-staffed for OE. I had several apps with Assurant that would not go through and so those clients ended up having to enroll themselves at HC.gov.

But, today I got this email...I'm sure other HS users got it also. Do I seriously have to go through every application I have submitted and process the payment myself in order to get credit for it???? That's a horrible announcement to throw at us 2 business days before the Jan 1 enrollment deadline!

ITEM 1: PENDING APPLICATIONS

We've added the ability for you to approve and reject premium differences directly on your dashboard. Log in to your HealthSherpa dashboard and approve or reject all premium differences by END OF DAY TOMORROW, FRIDAY DEC 12th OR WE CANNOT GUARANTEE 1/1/15 EFFECTIVE DATE. Rejecting archives the application and you will have to enroll the individual elsewhere.

Screenshot/example of approve & reject process (click "show images" in your email if this isn't visible):

ITEM 2: ATTRIBUTION ON COMPLETED APPLICATIONS

Certain carriers(e.g. Humana) require you to go through additional steps in the "Pay Premiums" section of Healthcare.gov to finalize an application and properly attribute it to you.

Here's how to do it:

1) Log in to your HealthSherpa dashboard,
2) Click on each submitted (white) application
3) Click "ACCESS ACCOUNT" for every completed application.
4) Log in to Healthcare.gov.
5) Look up application.
6) Click "Pay Premiums" and follow instructions to set up payment for the client.

But it's not clear how we determine that either. I only did 1 Humana enrollment and the client has already paid Humana directly.

Logging into HC.gov though that Humana app gives the option to pay...as do ALL of the apps.

Kyle, we apologize for the issue. To be clear, you don't have to pay to get attribution. Humana seems to be unique here - they require you to go through the payment flow and enter your NPN one more time. We haven't seen this with other carriers, but we did want to ask everyone to spot check their carriers to make sure they are not like Humana.

We also apologize for being understaffed - we are hiring up and improving our internal tracking to improve our support. We've also fixed the majority of issues we had the first weekend with apps not getting through - they were mainly due to rarer cases not handled by our form. We now handle all of them and should have near 100% completion rates going forward.

Thanks Ning, As I posted in the other forum thread, all of my apps are now submitted. Over all, I am happy with Health Sherpa. Thanks for staying active on the forum here.

I've submitted 60 apps on Health Sherpa since Nov 15 and have mixed feelings about it. I like the short app, but the customer service and communication with agents is horrible. HS is waaaaay under-staffed for OE. I had several apps with Assurant that would not go through and so those clients ended up having to enroll themselves at HC.gov.

But, today I got this email...I'm sure other HS users got it also. Do I seriously have to go through every application I have submitted and process the payment myself in order to get credit for it???? That's a horrible announcement to throw at us 2 business days before the Jan 1 enrollment deadline!

ITEM 1: PENDING APPLICATIONS

We've added the ability for you to approve and reject premium differences directly on your dashboard. Log in to your HealthSherpa dashboard and approve or reject all premium differences by END OF DAY TOMORROW, FRIDAY DEC 12th OR WE CANNOT GUARANTEE 1/1/15 EFFECTIVE DATE. Rejecting archives the application and you will have to enroll the individual elsewhere.

Screenshot/example of approve & reject process (click "show images" in your email if this isn't visible):

ITEM 2: ATTRIBUTION ON COMPLETED APPLICATIONS

Certain carriers(e.g. Humana) require you to go through additional steps in the "Pay Premiums" section of Healthcare.gov to finalize an application and properly attribute it to you.

Here's how to do it:

1) Log in to your HealthSherpa dashboard,
2) Click on each submitted (white) application
3) Click "ACCESS ACCOUNT" for every completed application.
4) Log in to Healthcare.gov.
5) Look up application.
6) Click "Pay Premiums" and follow instructions to set up payment for the client.

Well what do you except. You noticed right off the bat he says We, we, we we. They are expanding yet can't even take the agents calls. And they are competing with adwords with agents.

Here is Q so when a person puts in 30k gross but in reality they only make 10k Modified gross do you think that person will have to pay all the money back in non expanded medicaid states
for 2016 taxes. I would think so. 48 hours is plenty time to contact 60 apps and make the changes lol

(866) 796-6017
do you have a phone number that actually works? Not one of my sherpa customers have shown up on the insurance portals.

Sorry for the delay in response! Per the other thread:

1) Aetna appears to require the consumer to create a separate account at AetnaNavigator to get into the broker portal.

2) We've switched to an email based support system to ensure that every thread is tracked and resolved. We are hiring additional support agents so that we can start offering phone support soon. For now, we will definitely get to every [email protected] email within 1 business day.

3) We have several exciting announcements at the main HealthSherpa thread. The most important one is a price drop - $15 per app. The full announcement is at http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/health-insurance-reform-forum/health-sherpa-t63093-54.html.

Back