Healthcare.gov for coming back to US from abroad?

Martin_4444

Hello,
I am currently living outside of USA, but will be coming back in the middle of the next year. I am a US citizen.
I will be looking for a job or maybe study for a few months, so I have to get Healthcare.gov meanwhile to get covered.
This is the question: can I get it as soon as I am back to US in any month or I need to wait until enrollment period?
I called to the Healthcare.gov and getting different answers for my case. Once I was told like I can enroll at any time and another answer I got that I need to wait until next enrollment time...

The sad thing is that they don't support emails, which means that they assume that their agents are not quite competent and they are afraid of the being sued, since the emails would be the prove.
If someone can provide a good, official link to what should I do in this case, I would really appreciated. I will be in NC.

PS. If you leaved abroad, I wonder, what would be a good evidence? It might be needed in you still can get coverage in the middle of the year.

Back