Help Translating from CMS to English

BidnitMain

Expert
I got this email---as Im sure many of you did

I am 90% sure I know what it means--but wanted to double check to be 100%

Amazing--"CMS Communication"--like JUMBO shrimp?

GROWING smaller? (Thank you G. Carlin!)

Anyway here is the email--which the carrier declined to explain due to CMS compliance

(There ARE no 1876 cost plans in this area)
====================================
Reminder: Change to commission payments for some enrollment types starting in April (next week)

Last year, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) issued guidance about initial commission payments for unlike plan changes. CMS clarified that we can still pay initial compensation for unlike plan changes but we must pro-rate those payments based on the number of months left in the plan year.

To comply with CMS guidance, we’re updating the way we pay commission for these types of enrollments.

Our records indicate that one or more of your enrollments is considered an unlike plan change. Here’s what you need to know:

If your clients change from an MA/MAPD to a PDP or vice versa, it’s considered an unlike plan change. Initial payments for those enrollments must now be pro-rated based on the number of months left in the plan year. Proration will impact enrollments effective February-December.

In April, our systems will begin automatically pro-rating initial payments for unlike plan changes.

In February and March, you received full (not pro-rated) initial payments for unlike plan changes. Please note that we will charge back for the un-prorated amount paid for these plans starting in April.

What’s an unlike plan change?

An “unlike plan type” enrollment includes:

An MA/MAPD plan to a PDP or section 1876 cost plan

A PDP to a section 1876 cost plan or an MA/MAPD plan

A section 1876 cost plan to an MA/MAPD plan or a PDP

====================================
Reminder: Change to commission payments for some enrollment types starting in April (next week)

Last year, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) issued guidance about initial commission payments for unlike plan changes. CMS clarified that we can still pay initial compensation for unlike plan changes but we must pro-rate those payments based on the number of months left in the plan year.

To comply with CMS guidance, we’re updating the way we pay commission for these types of enrollments.

Our records indicate that one or more of your enrollments is considered an unlike plan change. Here’s what you need to know:

If your clients change from an MA/MAPD to a PDP or vice versa, it’s considered an unlike plan change. Initial payments for those enrollments must now be pro-rated based on the number of months left in the plan year. Proration will impact enrollments effective February-December.

In April, our systems will begin automatically pro-rating initial payments for unlike plan changes.

In February and March, you received full (not pro-rated) initial payments for unlike plan changes. Please note that we will charge back for the un-prorated amount paid for these plans starting in April.

What’s an unlike plan change?

An “unlike plan type” enrollment includes:

An MA/MAPD plan to a PDP or section 1876 cost plan

A PDP to a section 1876 cost plan or an MA/MAPD plan

A section 1876 cost plan to an MA/MAPD plan or a PDP

I have highlighted the items which clearly state they overpaid you.

Got the same thing from Aetna. But I don't have any overpaid. I do have some unlike plan changes, but from AEP (PDP to MA). So all have a Jan 1 enrollment. Pro-rated, that is 12 months. I also saved the email from them last year that they would be pro-rating the initial commission, not the renewal. I plan on them screwing that up as they have screwed up everything this year in Florida. I just received true-ups last week from AEP Aetna plans. Nothing like waiting 120 days to get paid!

It means that you should have only gotten the monthly renewal rate times the number of months left in the year for that enrollment.

The short answer...you are going to get a charge-back.

----------

Got the same thing from Aetna. But I don't have any overpaid. I do have some unlike plan changes, but from AEP (PDP to MA). So all have a Jan 1 enrollment. Pro-rated, that is 12 months. I also saved the email from them last year that they would be pro-rating the initial commission, not the renewal. I plan on them screwing that up as they have screwed up everything this year in Florida. I just received true-ups last week from AEP Aetna plans. Nothing like waiting 120 days to get paid!

Hey...at least you have gotten all of your true-ups. Still waiting on some from Aetna and Humana.

When I spoke with the plan they claim that CMS has not released them yet.

Who do you believe!!!!

Back