Help with DIY direct mail

Why would you mail WEEKLY?

Trying to compete with ARRP?

Nothing wrong with multiple mailings but too close together seems like it would be annoying to the consumer.

5 weeks apart is what Travis said in his post. The discussion is "multiple mailings." At 5 weeks apart, you are mailing over a 6-month period.

5 weeks apart is what Travis said in his post. The discussion is "multiple mailings." At 5 weeks apart, you are mailing over a 6-month period.

I mail 9 months out, 5 times, 5 weeks between mailings. My mailing stops at month three, when they should get their Medicare card.

I mail 9 months out, 5 times, 5 weeks between mailings. My mailing stops at month three, when they should get their Medicare card.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Very few people I talk to do NOT have their Medicare card (I am targeting T65 3 months out). You stop at 3 months out. If you haven't heard from them, do you call or move on to the next batch of T65 prospects? Medicare recommends they apply 3 months out.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Very few people I talk to do NOT have their Medicare card (I am targeting T65 3 months out). You stop at 3 months out. If you haven't heard from them, do you call or move on to the next batch of T65 prospects? Medicare recommends they apply 3 months out.

I move on...

It that 6 months of mailing I've given them:

1) My Business card.
2) An online resource with video's to explain how Medicare and private insurance works.
3) The ability to get an instant Medigap quote without talking to me.
4)A questionnaire on what they should ask a prospective insurance agent.
5) Multiple opportunities to ask an agent any question they want, without being pushy or sales.
6) The Pros and cons of picking MS or MA.

At this point, they know who I am, what I'm about, and how to get ahold of me.

There's literally nothing left for me to mail them if they haven't contacted me and in the last three months they're already getting bombarded with mail.. so what's the point?

I only mail within an hour or so of me. They know I'm local, licensed, and an expert. That, imo, is the whole point of marketing. Leads are just a result of it.

I move on...

It that 6 months of mailing I've given them:

1) My Business card.
2) An online resource with video's to explain how Medicare and private insurance works.
3) The ability to get an instant Medigap quote without talking to me.
4)A questionnaire on what they should ask a prospective insurance agent.
5) Multiple opportunities to ask an agent any question they want, without being pushy or sales.
6) The Pros and cons of picking MS or MA.

At this point, they know who I am, what I'm about, and how to get ahold of me.

There's literally nothing left for me to mail them if they haven't contacted me and in the last three months they're already getting bombarded with mail.. so what's the point?

I only mail within an hour or so of me. They know I'm local, licensed, and an expert. That, imo, is the whole point of marketing. Leads are just a result of it.

Again, thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

It's 2 per 2 weeks.. about 1200 letters total per month, on average.

how long have you been doing this method?

you said in another post you have 17 sales for the year. I understand insurance isn’t your main focus so I’m not knocking you, just trying to get an idea of your results/key metrics.

By my math, that’s about 2.5 sales per 1,000 mailers. Less if you have any referrals or spouses enrolled

how long have you been doing this method?

you said in another post you have 17 sales for the year. I understand insurance isn’t your main focus so I’m not knocking you, just trying to get an idea of your results/key metrics.

By my math, that’s about 2.5 sales per 1,000 mailers. Less if you have any referrals or spouses enrolled

So, you can't use my sales as a return rate. Here's why:

I refer people out when they don't match my ideal client.

So, if someone calls me and prefers f2f, they're referred out.

If they want to do a dual, I've relaxed my referrals, but I don't do them as a practice. Referred out.

Talk over me, or think they're not going treat me or my time with respect (what I think I deserve as a person) referred out.

Also, I don't do BRC's. They contact me. Reduced response rate, but higher intent.

I don't chase people. You either participate or you don't. Lower contact rate.

My system is not suggested for people that starve if they don't sell to everyone.

I've been doing this since about September, but the first few months is largely quiet.

I WOULD SAY ONE THING:

And I know I don't need to rationalize my point:

I pay around 410$ per 1k and get 2.5 sales.. even at 300$ per sale, I'm doubling my investment AND my closure rate is on par with what's average. Consider that I tell a portion of people that call that I'm not right for them, or they're not really prospects yet as the fra is 66.5 now.

Last edited:
Back