Helping a friend for term.. etc

Have no problem with voting on any particular day that the state chooses. Personally, I have always said it should be done on Saturday instead of Tuesday becasue more people were off work. As for the Democrat party not being the same as it was in 1946, some things never change.

I missed this post...way to shoot the gap on that one, Big Shooter!

It doesn't matter. Those idiots reached beyond their grasp in Georgia anyway. If they couldn't even come at the LGBT community in North Carolina with HB2 a few years back, how in the hell did they think they were going to pull off 3/5's of a man 2.0 in AT-FREAKIN-LANTA??!?!!

I think this "hold my beer" moment is going to be a much worse embarrassment than North Carolina was for the GOP. You would think they'd realize that at some point, you have to be able to offer voters something other than identity politics, fear of Mexicans and Central Americans, and fiscal hypocrisy.

It may work for people who think the 1946 Democrats are the 2021 Democrats, but luckily that group is getting further and further into the minority.

My wife came here to USA age 6 from Mexico undocumented brought by her undocumented parents speaking not a word of English. Her entire family a couple decades later became Naturalized Americans have no problem following laws and voting on whatever day according to rules. If someone told her Mexican American's couldn't get an ID to vote or drive because of their race she would be insulted and think that person was an ***.

My wife came here to USA age 6 from Mexico undocumented brought by her undocumented parents speaking not a word of English. Her entire family a couple decades later became Naturalized Americans have no problem following laws and voting on whatever day according to rules. If someone told her Mexican American's couldn't get an ID to vote or drive because of their race she would be insulted and think that person was an ***.

Cool story bro. Everything doesn't apply generally everywhere. If that same situation had happened now, and it was left up to trump and the gang, your wife had a higher chance to be split from her parents with no way to find them. Her parents would've been sent back to Mexico and she would've been put in a cage indefinitely...branded as part of a 'caravan of rapists, murderers, and not the best people.'

:unsure:

Do a little research Trump tried to get DACA approved instead of waving a magic wand he set the stage for a vote I'm surprised the rest of the GOP didn't catch on. It is inevitable when you have millions inside a society they need to be able to work. Same thing now idiots let people in the country that need work but have no tax id # or social or knowledge where to start and then hold employers accountable to check for the right to work what a screwed up hypocritical process.

Do a little research Trump tried to get DACA approved instead of waving a magic wand he set the stage for a vote I'm surprised the rest of the GOP didn't catch on. It is inevitable when you have millions inside a society they need to be able to work. Same thing now idiots let people in the country that need work but have no tax id # or social or knowledge where to start and then hold employers accountable to check for the right to work what a screwed up hypocritical process.

Was he doing all that stage setting in between dehumanizing people with the same heritage as your wife? People who the vast majority of them are just trying to have a better life?

To directly address your original reply to my post: If you just look at it on its surface, it may look reasonable. The problem is that you have to know all the chicanery the politicians in power have engaged in to make it harder to vote(Hell, they make it hard to get an insurance license there).

The two most outlandish things in that bill is:

1. Not being able to give water to someone who is in line waiting to vote. Remember, the primary reason lines are this long in primarily black areas is because the state starting removing polling stations in black neighborhoods at a disproportionate rate to the population a long time ago. Lines have been reported to be as long as 11 hours in some places for the 2020 election. It's cruel, and clearly a deterrent to make people give up on voting.

2. The state can take over a local municipality's election operation and appoint whoever they feel, if they think the election is not being 'handled properly.' If that's not trying to disenfranchise votes, I don't know what is.

3. Yeah, I know I said two, but let's address the voting on a certain day thing: It's been a well known local tradition in Atlanta for years for black churches to organize carpools after church on Sundays to get members to the polls who otherwise would have issues getting there (poor, disabled, elderly, etc.). It's so well known that is has it's own name: "Souls to the Polls" Remember, the local (R) politicians have already closed down locations as it is, so it's not like all these people have easy access to the polls.

There was no other discernable reason to try to close early voting on Sunday.

Last edited:
Many voted for him, many against him they must not have felt to dehumanized. You cannot box people in by race every human is an independent thinker and as soon as you try and box them in they want to jump out of the box. 1) research the why 2) oh my 3) and all the black, are these Christian Churches? are going to vote for the abortion party I don't believe it I met too many beautiful old black Christian ladies that value life too much for that the missing carpools might help the left this is my version of Souls to the Polls.

Many voted for him, many against him they must not have felt to dehumanized. You cannot box people in by race every human is an independent thinker and as soon as you try and box them in they want to jump out of the box. 1) research the why 2) oh my 3) and all the black, are these Christian Churches? are going to vote for the abortion party I don't believe it I met too many beautiful old black Christian ladies that value life too much for that the missing carpools might help the left this is my version of Souls to the Polls.

People have the right to vote for who they want to, no matter how dumb their choice.

Pot:"You cannot box people in by race every human is an independent thinker and as soon as you try and box them in they want to jump out of the box."

Meet Kettle: "and all the black, are these Christian Churches? are going to vote for the abortion party I don't believe it I met too many beautiful old black Christian ladies that value life too much for that the missing carpools might help the left this is my version of Souls to the Polls"

Just a haunch...but I'm pretty certain I know more beautiful old black Christian ladies than you do. Could be wrong, but doubt it.

I just been yakking to much day had a molar pulled last week this bear don't handle getting jaw ripped apart sissy boy me 4.5 days I'm almost back to normal.

Back