Helping a friend for term.. etc

The cure for exclusion, is full inclusion. Which has not happened in 100+ years now.

Until that happens, minorities will have a need to make their own creations.

Defending images that are offensive to the ones excluded for 100+ years, certainly is not the way to make our society fully inclusive.

Not sure what is still excluded, All jobs even president, Many own buis and wealthy those that work for it, school education def have more with extra's

What is still excluded?

So, can you explain why its ok to show black people depicted as monkeys to kids in children's books... but not ok to post those images on signs in the street?

Doesnt seem like Scott can...

Both are our past. Both are our history. Why is one wrong and the other ok?

No one said its ok to depict blacks as monkeys most would agree

however, most of whats being canceled have nothing to do with blacks as monkeys

If that is no longer the case, then why is there no equal (in relation to population demographics) representation in those industries among various races?

When that happens, it wont be an issue anymore. But in over 100 years, it still has not.
If you want to base it on population demographics, then in many of those places they are over represented... Blacks only make up 13.1% of the population. BTW, I have absolutely no problem with there being a Black News Channel, United Negro Collège Fund. etc. I have a problem with the hypocrisy of the way things are presented.

I don't totally agree. Maybe I'm not going to buy a Dixie Chicks CD if they are being obnoxiously anti-american. But I'm never going to attend an effort get them canceled. I don't care for Saturday Night Live because they have gone too one-sided on their political "humor" and become more insulting than funny, but I could care less if you watch it. And if it was still funny I would still watch it regardless of who they make fun of.

I think the right mostly wants to support businesses they think support their values when they can. But the left takes it further and wants those businesses they don't agree with to be shut down. They don't want ANYONE to have access to things they don't like.

Oh, I don't know...one could say the same for all these "election integrity" laws that are being put up for passage right now.

Oh, I don't know...one could say the same for all these "election integrity" laws that are being put up for passage right now.
So wanting an honest election by preventing voter fraud is racist? Things like making sure the person is who they say they are? Making sure the ballots are safe safeguarded? Having the count observed by both sides?

Look up Battle of Athens.it was a case where a crooked Democrat machine was shot out of office. And, the first man shot by a Democrat deputy was an honorable black man who was simply trying to vote.

So wanting an honest election by preventing voter fraud is racist? Things like making sure the person is who they say they are? Making sure the ballots are safe safeguarded? Having the count observed by both sides?

Look up Battle of Athens.it was a case where a crooked Democrat machine was shot out of office. And, the first man shot by a Democrat deputy was an honorable black man who was simply trying to vote.

Not getting into a debate about why the Democratic party in 1946 isn't the same as the Democratic party of today. If you don't know that, I'll let you look it up.

Please let me know how stopping Sunday voting in Georgia is preventing voter fraud. I mean, that just so happens to be the day a disproportionate amount of black people vote, but you know, I'm sure you're going to let me know why there's something so inherently fraudy about voting on THAT particular day of the week that has nothing to do with black people.

While you're at it, please let me know how curbing early voting is helping stop voter fraud as well. Early and absentee voting was actually enhanced by Republicans in most of these states before the last president decided to run his long con.

Most of the other things you're mentioning are already in place. There was nothing wrong with voting before in all of these places until the votes didn't say what the people in charge wanted.

Hell, Georgia and Florida are telling on themselves! Both have said they had the most secure election in their state's history and nothing went wrong with the process...yet, they both are looking to make it harder to vote. It's pretty clear that in the minds of the folks running the election, something has to change.

If you're already running a secure election that had NO valid instances of fraud (said by Republicans in both states), then why are you making it harder to vote?

Not getting into a debate about why the Democratic party in 1946 isn't the same as the Democratic party of today. If you don't know that, I'll let you look it up.

Please let me know how stopping Sunday voting in Georgia is preventing voter fraud. I mean, that just so happens to be the day a disproportionate amount of black people vote, but you know, I'm sure you're going to let me know why there's something so inherently fraudy about voting on THAT particular day of the week that has nothing to do with black people.

While you're at it, please let me know how curbing early voting is helping stop voter fraud as well. Early and absentee voting was actually enhanced by Republicans in most of these states before the last president decided to run his long con.

Most of the other things you're mentioning are already in place. There was nothing wrong with voting before in all of these places until the votes didn't say what the people in charge wanted.

Hell, Georgia and Florida are telling on themselves! Both have said they had the most secure election in their state's history and nothing went wrong with the process...yet, they both are looking to make it harder to vote. It's pretty clear that in the minds of the folks running the election, something has to change.

If you're already running a secure election that had NO valid instances of fraud (said by Republicans in both states), then why are you making it harder to vote?
Have no problem with voting on any particular day that the state chooses. Personally, I have always said it should be done on Saturday instead of Tuesday becasue more people were off work. As for the Democrat party not being the same as it was in 1946, some things never change.

Back