Highly Recommended Book for Insurance Agents

Tampa why are you working so hard to plug this book?
Maybe its because he has become one of their independent business consultants?

I read the book/CD's in 2003 when I first got licensed and was reading/listening to everything sales related.

Its pretty good, but compliance issues abound when it comes to insurance advertising so I don't know how much an agent could get out of it.

Its basically a mid level college marketing/advertising course regurgitated on a couple of CD's. Not bad for $13. You'll learn something but they'll try to sell you on their consulting services at the end...

Last edited:
I think one of the best selling books is SPIN selling and their fieldbook. Helps to not orient around types of questions and their intended effects, but helps PLAN your approach by dissecting the product/service to offer up specific questions..

I think one of the best selling books is SPIN selling and their fieldbook. Helps to not orient around types of questions and their intended effects, but helps PLAN your approach by dissecting the product/service to offer up specific questions..

YES, that's another one. It hits an important point, that clients and prospects are busy and need simplicity and clarity.

For $12 I would say that it's at least worth a look. Of course, most books are worth a look for $10 if they have anything to do with a subject that will help you sell more and be more successful at your trade.

Another one, if agents look at themselves as small business people (which I'd strongly recommend) is "What Clients Love" by Harry Beckwith.

He talks about finding the "White Hot Center" - in other words, what is your brilliant idea or angle that sets you apart from the other guys?

Back