HILLARY CLINTON: How I Plan To Improve The Affordable Care Act.

Step 3. use Medicare's bargaining power to cut the costs of hospital, prescription and other medical services.

Sounds like what carriers have done with agent commissions.

Yeah, that will work.

Consumers have little to no bargaining power, which allows providers to basically name their prices.

You really don't have a clue how things work, do you?

If you want real bargaining power, remove the health insurance component.

Tony beat me to the punch by asking who the real culprit is. Your answer only disappointed those who thought you had a solution.

Sounds like what carriers have done with agent commissions.

Yeah, that will work.

You really don't have a clue how things work, do you?

If you want real bargaining power, remove the health insurance component.

Commissions for medicare products are increasing, not decreasing or being eliminated.

Please enlighten me how removing the health insurance will give consumers bargaining power, it seems private health insurers are simply not big enough to control the costs therefore they want to separate people into multiple pools and avoid the worst, which is another form of cherry picking.

Commissions for medicare products are increasing, not decreasing or being eliminated.

Please enlighten me how removing the health insurance will give consumers bargaining power, it seems private health insurers are simply not big enough to control the costs therefore they want to separate people into multiple pools and avoid the worst, which is another form of cherry picking.

Allow me to help.

If a 3rd party is paying the bills (insurance) then how much do you think consumers care? You empower consumers by "allowing" them to shop for care they desire.

If all cars were paid by someone else then you wouldn't be driving a POS. You'd actually choose an expensive car since it would cost you very little. You might also sell your trailer and live in a real house if it cost you nothing.

Rick

Nice try, but this is not the Senior forum.

As for your comment on Medicare commissions increasing, care to compare MA commissions from 2006 with today?

And thank you, Rick, for not only understanding the question but providing a correct answer.

Solution if I'm elected in 2024:

1. Catastrophic National High Cost Umbrella Insurance - federal gov't covers all medical costs above $25,000. Tax dollars used to fund it. Everyone is in, and Medicare rates apply.

2. Allow people to buy supplement plans or self insure.

3. Allow everyone to fund HSA's to a higher 10k per person limit. Lower income would get an HSA contribution made each year, up to $5k (funded by taxes), which is theirs to keep, free prev care, lower deductibles. Also allow reduced supplement policies or free premium.

Consumer now is fully injected into the purchasing decision, and just like every other industry in the fricken world, prices will go down and quality will go up. People will stop running to ER for bloody nose.

If all cars were paid by someone else then you wouldn't be driving a POS. You'd actually choose an expensive car since it would cost you very little. You might also sell your trailer and live in a real house if it cost you nothing.

Rick

What happens to car dealers' profit margin if everyone comes in is in desperate need of a car, has no time to shop and knows little about the car business?

What is the Medicare physician reimbursement rate, compared to a private health insurance plan? If it's much less, that would create a shortage of doctors for the millions of new Medicare buy-in people wouldn't it?

What happens to car dealers' profit margin if everyone comes in is in desperate need of a car, has no time to shop and knows little about the car business?

When the government imposes caps on those car dealers profit margins and controls the prices they charge for the cars, then the profit margins go down.

If you think that the profit margins on individual health insurance increased then you are dead wrong.

Last edited:
Back