HILLARY CLINTON: How I Plan To Improve The Affordable Care Act.

What happens to car dealers' profit margin if everyone comes in is in desperate need of a car, has no time to shop and knows little about the car business?

They use their Obamaphone to check bus schedules or call an ambulance to take them to the doctor.

What is the Medicare physician reimbursement rate, compared to a private health insurance plan? If it's much less, that would create a shortage of doctors for the millions of new Medicare buy-in people wouldn't it?

Prior to the latest "screw the provider so we can save Medicare move" reimbursements were generally 8 - 12% lower than private insurance rates. In many cases, providers lose money on Medicare patients or they might break even. This results in cost-shifting to the private insurance and those who pay be cash.

Odd thing how cost shifting never comes into the discussion when people talk about reducing provider payments by reimbursing at Medicare (or Medicaid) levels.

Expanding Medicaid and Medicare only compounds the problem instead of solving it.

When the government imposes caps on those car dealers profit margins and controls the prices they charge for the cars, then the profit margins go down.

And as it applies to Obamacare, profits magically turn into losses.

What happens to car dealers' profit margin if everyone comes in is in desperate need of a car, has no time to shop and knows little about the car business?

The same thing that happens when someone is hungry and goes to a grocery store. They choose what and where to buy.

If someone else is paying for the food how much do you think the chicken will cost?

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

The answer to all of our problems will be discussed in Ways and Means committee meeting tomorrow at 10am EST.

https://www.youtube.com/user/WandMRepublicans

Looking ahead to next week, on Tuesday, July 12, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern the House Ways and Means Committee will hold a hearing on the rising costs of health insurance premiums under the ACA. Former NAHU President Tom Harte will testify on behalf of NAHU. Other witnesses include Executive Director of Covered California Peter Lee, President of the Council for Affordable Health Coverage Joel White, and Chris Condeluci from CC Law & Policy PLLC. The hearing will be live-streamed from the committee’s YouTube channel

Hospitals / Providers cannot collect on a third of their charges is the way I understand it.
Or they're not collecting enough. So when the insurance piece is eliminated this has to have an effect on providers and hospitals, and level of care. I know just way too many people that didn't have the ability to pay their medical bills. Wouldn't losses be factored into medical rates the following year? I mean once upon a time years ago I worked for a short time in a hospital in Arizona and I sat in on a financial meeting and things like this were discussed

Last edited:
Prior to the latest "screw the provider so we can save Medicare move" reimbursements were generally 8 - 12% lower than private insurance rates. In many cases, providers lose money on Medicare patients or they might break even. This results in cost-shifting to the private insurance and those who pay by cash.

Odd thing how cost shifting never comes into the discussion when people talk about reducing provider payments by reimbursing at Medicare (or Medicaid) levels.

Expanding Medicare only compounds the problem instead of solving it.

Thank-you for that explanation Somarco. As usual, your experience with, and insights into these matters is sooo appreciated!

I hope that if a 55 year old is able to buy into Medicare, he/she won't have to pay the full premium for coverage, if they have enough credits from working xx years. Then they'll be able to afford Part-D and a Medicare Supplement. Maybe a 55 year old will be able to get Medicare Advantage, just like a 65 year old. That would probably be more sensible for someone who's still working full time.

And it only took 2 yrs, 6 months, 11 days, and 8 hours to reach the final intended step. I guess a congratulations is in order.

Obama Renews Call For A Public Option In Health Law | Kaiser Health News

“Now, based on experience with the ACA, I think Congress should revisit a public plan to compete alongside private insurers in areas of the country where competition is limited,” Obama wrote.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/us/politics/affordable-care-act-obamacare.html?_r=0

August 5, 2016

Hillary said this week that there will be a $1,300,000,000,000 ($1.3 Trillion) tax increase. Is this how much a "Single Payer" health program would cost?

How much of a tax increase would that be for every American? :err:

1.3 Trillion divided by 300 Million Americans is $4,333 for every American, even children. That's just a piddlin' $17,333 for a family of 4.

Of course, only half of Americans pay taxes. So, it's a piddlin' $34,666 for every tax paying family of 4. Simple. Just pay it monthly at $2,888 per month.

I'm sure she meant this is an increase on top of the taxes already in the ACA.

Better than those darned insurance premiums?

:skeptical:

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps/supplement/2015/4b.html

I think this is what you are looking for (look for the same table number). There are more workers paying in now than in 2008 after it dropped only a few years. What I am not clear on is where the statistic is for people who are paying in and drawing at the same time.

I know several agents still working at age 70+, they are able to draw full retirement without benefit reductions AFAIK and draw more than they pay in. But, I don' t have time right now to read the whole report.

Back