Hometown Quotes in Illinois

If you're interested, P&C leads are one of two lines of insurance I might be selling telemarketed leads for. Send your number (you can just click on my username and click "send e-mail) if you want me to give you a call about it.

For what it's worth, on commodity products like p&c, health, and med supps, cold calling tends to work well.

he just said that he had three counties, and they were only able to send him 3 leads ... lol ... im sure he would take more leads if they were able to provide them.....unless your a large agency with multiple offices, you really do not want to spread out any further than 35-50 miles from your office.

When I have purchased leads in the past I took leads from all over the state and never had an issue. My website pulls in leads from the state and it is not an issue.

well i have two offices in IL, and I am partnered with another Agency that is stationed in Minnesota. When I purchase leads, I purchase leads from both states, but after speaking with smaller agencies I have found that buying leads of consumers that have to pass by 50 other agencies on their way to my office reduces my ROI...it just didn't make sense to BUY those leads. When it comes to telemarketing leads, I will have my staff call the entire state on a monthly basis. But when you are just starting with a company, there is absolutely no need to buy leads from the entire state. I have always started off in my backyard and expanded from there. Hometown Quotes should be able to provide more than 3 leads in 3 counties over the course of one week....you dont think so? .... although i 100% agree with the fact that you must judge a lead company over a minimum of 50 leads, 100 leads if you have the funds available. You cant judge them over 3 leads, especially not in the first week. Their volume should pick up over the next couple of weeks. Am i right?

PJ, depends on the insurance line you are buying leads for. Buying internet leads on a per county or 3 county criteria is non sense.

PJ, depends on the insurance line you are buying leads for. Buying internet leads on a per county or 3 county criteria is non sense.

Thank you for your response. Unless we're talking counties like LA county, you are correct.

Depending on the month, we do well over 6 figures in leads/month. [and we are a SMALL lead provider!]The new filters we've put in place have cut down the Quantity drastically...over 50% in some places in particular. We are working to get the Quantity back up but we won't back off on the Quality of the contact-ability score. One can't sell a policy if they can't get the consumer on the phone. Email does work well though for internet leads! [Yes, this is no BS or sales gimmick. It is a fact.]

So, what can one do to increase leads in an area? Reduce filters so more "average" leads come through vs. paying for filters to customize the lead. Less expensive so one has to weigh the cost of leads you can't write of course.

Buy a larger area works well for some agents. Allstate/Farmers agents buy state wide [or large areas] while State Farm agents don't due to the way their companies handle Agent of Record. IA's typically will buy state wide leads or at least large areas too.

Glad to help if you want to call. If I'm not available please use extension 123 for Ambrosha or 105 for Dom, our sales manager.

Thank you for your business.

Thank you for your response. Unless we're talking counties like LA county, you are correct.

Depending on the month, we do well over 6 figures in leads/month. [and we are a SMALL lead provider!]The new filters we've put in place have cut down the Quantity drastically...over 50% in some places in particular. We are working to get the Quantity back up but we won't back off on the Quality of the contact-ability score. One can't sell a policy if they can't get the consumer on the phone. Email does work well though for internet leads! [Yes, this is no BS or sales gimmick. It is a fact.]

So, what can one do to increase leads in an area? Reduce filters so more "average" leads come through vs. paying for filters to customize the lead. Less expensive so one has to weigh the cost of leads you can't write of course.

Buy a larger area works well for some agents. Allstate/Farmers agents buy state wide [or large areas] while State Farm agents don't due to the way their companies handle Agent of Record. IA's typically will buy state wide leads or at least large areas too.

Glad to help if you want to call. If I'm not available please use extension 123 for Ambrosha or 105 for Dom, our sales manager.

Thank you for your business.

Thank you for the responses. I actually sent you an email Bob with a bunch of questions, but I will follow up with your staff.

Again thank you to everyone for your responses.

Thank you for the responses. I actually sent you an email Bob with a bunch of questions, but I will follow up with your staff.

Again thank you to everyone for your responses.

Just to give an update, I spoke with Bob on the phone. He was very helpful and was more than willing to answer any and all of my questions. Will keep everyone posted....

Back