How Do You Make Cold Calling Entertaining?

Heath agent...that reminds me of a joke. A southerner went to NY and asked a local, "Hey, can you please tell me where the Empire State Building's at?"

The NewYorker responded, "you ignorant southerner, you don't end a sentence with a preposition."

The southerner replied, "Fine, can you tell me where the Empire State Building's at, asshole?"

Old, but still funny.

Heath agent...that reminds me of a joke. A southerner went to NY and asked a local, "Hey, can you please tell me where the Empire State Building's at?"

The NewYorker responded, "you ignorant southerner, you don't end a sentence with a preposition."

The southerner replied, "Fine, can you tell me where the Empire State Building's at, asshole?"

Old, but still funny.

HAHAH, a guy I know in the industry who has been around a long time and I admire greatly told me that joke. :D

I haven't done it, but a way I was thinking about was, "Do you know of anyone else that might be interested in meeting a hardworking, trustworthy planner"

Maybe I'll try it this week and see what I get.

Has anyone ever had experience asking for referrals from people who turn them down on a cold call?

There have been many times over the years when that has happened. It usually only happens though when you are able to transition the phone call into a conversation.

Occasionally I have gotten a wrong number, identified the person by their voice as a senior, asked if they are on Medicare and ended up selling them a policy.

Developing phone skills can dramatically improve your success. If all an agent is doing is reading a "script" none of the above will happen.

Back