How Many Fe Agents Really Deliver There Policies?

I can understand if you work the same area in delivering your policies or being a debit agent and delivering all policies. Jd you said you work the same area every week? how far from your house do you work and how big a radius? so you don't drive 800 miles a week?

I can understand if you work the same area in delivering your policies or being a debit agent and delivering all policies. Jd you said you work the same area every week? how far from your house do you work and how big a radius? so you don't drive 800 miles a week?

Same areas. About a 75 mile radius. I work about 14 counties. I have driven over 800 miles in a week but I average 600 miles a week.

TA delivers theirs.. I use to mail them out- but I've found that by taking them by and spending 10 minutes with the clients has really helped me keep more business from lapsing.. its a pain in the ass but I always drop them off on day im nearby, I do call my clients when they come in and let them know ill be there sometimes a week out because im not in the area and they are always cool with it.. it has cut my lapses down big time... worth the extra drive

By the way, thats the perfect time to ask for referrals.. I never really pushed referrals hard.. but the last year I probably wrote 20 + policies on pushing referrals delivering policies.. not a ton.. but it adds up

Last edited:
I thought I'd chime in on this topic....

I deliver all my policies, it's a promise I make to the client when I first meet them and I even have it on my website. I figure if I'm making 3 to 4 hundred bucks it's the least I can do...and it's a great way to cement the relationship and, yes, to get referrals.

Of course, some things can get a little "out of hand". A month or so ago I wrote up a couple and we started talking about computers. While I was there I showed each of them a couple of things they wanted to know...then this last Sunday night the wife calls and told me her Firefox bookmarks were missing and her home page was changed. I had no idea where her bookmarks ran of to but I showed told her how to change her home page. I didn't mind helping people, like "gee wiz, Batman", the more I help the more referrals they are obligated to give me. :yes:

No...she didn't blame me for loosing her bookmarks but I told her how to back them up.

I posted an article about this thread on the site, which also went out in today's newsletter. Interesting reading the different takes on the pros and cons of personal policy delivery.

Back