How Medigap Insurers Sales Rewards Hurt Seniors on Medicare

Not hiding from anyone.

But FWIW I don't chase bonus money . . . could care less. Same for trips, awards, trophies and I don't go to company conventions.

The last time I "won" an award they mailed it to me.

My entire career has revolved around finding niche markets and working to become the best I can in that arena. My closing and retention ratio is almost untouchable by most agents.

Just got an email from a carrier with the trip standings. Top 45 are going to Stockholm, Sweden. Assuming they are taking spouses also that would be over $1,000,000 incentives and the rest of the poor smucks just get to go to Aspen, CO. Sounds like they are buying the business?

I ignored the $175 that would have come with writing a MedSupp with a brand new carrier. 2 years later they are gone. Not that the insureds wouldn't have the chance to go elsewhere with a SEP, but the other carrier option if not out of the business would be rapidly rising premiums and people stranded there with health histories.

In 13 yrs of selling med supps, I qualified for one vacation, a 3 night stay in shitty downtown San diego, and got a 1099 on it. HUGE incentives right?

Tens of thousands of brokers and omg 45 get to go to Sweden. Criminals. Notify senator Warren immediately

In 13 yrs of selling med supps, I qualified for one vacation, a 3 night stay in shitty downtown San diego, and got a 1099 on it. HUGE incentives right?

Tens of thousands of brokers and omg 45 get to go to Sweden. Criminals. Notify senator Warren immediately

I used to go on a ton of trips before MA’s became a thing. I like just paying for them myself now and going where I want with no other agents present. If you only qualified for one trip selling only Med Sups you must suck at it.

Back