How to Deactivate a Negative / Burnout Mindset and Activate a Fresh Positive One?

What insult?

I was counting in decades. As in 3x10 = 30 years. Although it has never been a game to me.

You screwed up the quote thing, let me fix that.

good for you.

what is it, if it isnt a game to you.

----------

are you talking about the Monkey/Ding thing? That was a joke to Donnie and a lite dig at the Monkey dust/Ding machine rivalry between the Hatfields and McCoys (FEX v 360). You are a sensitive flower aren't you.

Ive heard about the hatfields and the mccoys.

Im a little bit insensitive when it comes to strangers. I respect people, and if it aint returned then sod em.

----------

Damn good thing. You're not even the smartest guy in the room when you're alone.

Rick

you aint real. You are insulting people when they are being humble. You are a big man on here, but you are worthless to me, and i feel no way about saying that.

----------

What has he posted that gives you any indication he's an agent? And certainly isn't in America. Has that british snob attitude. (They forget that without us they'd be speaking German).

Rick

r u 4 real? :D

obviously not.

----------

You probably won't hear from him for a while. He's 8 hours ahead of you...it's about 3AM in England right now.

Got there in the end.

You screwed up the quote thing, let me fix that.

good for you.

what is it, if it isnt a game to you.

----------

Ive heard about the hatfields and the mccoys.

Im a little bit insensitive when it comes to strangers. I respect people, and if it aint returned then sod em.

----------

you aint real. You are insulting people when they are being humble. You are a big man on here, but you are worthless to me, and i feel no way about saying that.

----------

r u 4 real? :D

obviously not.

----------

Got there in the end.

It is and has been my business and the way i have provided for my family as sole support.

I retract my question. I do not believe you are a career agent. I hope you can start fresh Monday morning and people will be kind to you. You get the last word.

Running is a process like any other. It comes down to endurance. Grit plays a part. I wouldnt deny that. I had a really rubbish day today, but im still top of the board for the week, because despite the rubbish leads, ive been able to stay fresh throughout. This despite stuff outside of work and stuff in work too. Yes it is a question of grit, but its also technique and mental attitude. I made a lot more quotes than sales today, and usually my conversion is top notch. I had my confidence knocked by all mannor of stuff, and worst of all, i had sales drop on technicalities beyond my control or the customers. Point being it was a rubbish day and most of the people I work with werent even up for it. I dont know in these moments if im good at sales, or if im in the wrong job, or if everybody hates me, or if im a rubbish human being. Its a grind man, and it harsh. But i do the right thing, keep my head up and work through it. I let go of the things i cant control, and do my best with the things i can, and stay humble and do the right things.

I dont need to be the smartest guy in the room, or the best salesman in the room, because the game in hard times is about staying on point, and thats what I do. Thats grind, but its also technique and mentality. If i lose my mentality, then I might as well go home. I think you need all 3, and of course personal confidence, but it wont make every day easy. It just makes every day a game and not a bust.

No one did well today. But the difference between the people who did ok, and the people who did nothing, is the people who did nothing didnt even turn up.

Joe...you don't sound like you're that confident in your sales ability, yet you come on here and take a know it all attitude. When salesmen that have been successful at it for longer than you've been alive(I'm guessing the 90 is the year you were born) disagree with you, you get defensive(butt hurt) and start name calling.

Open your mind. Listen to the responses you get. Learn. There are salesmen on here that have been successful longer than you've been born...yet they still learn on here everyday(I know I do).

If you keep the positive attitude , the grit you speak of, don't have a know it all attitude and don't give up...you'll probably make it.

I don't Have a problem with you being British. My favorite person in the whole world's a Brit.

P.S. If not for the U.S., you WOULD be speaking German.

P.S.S. Did you know that Winston Churchill's mother was American?:yes:

So everyone knows what a negative mindset feels like. :mad:

I think a tired or burnt out one :err:might be similar but not exactly the same thing.

Obviously these two devils are the exact opposite of being in "state" or being in a good selling mindset.

With the natural attrition and variance of sales, people do get sucked into a black, overbearing DEPRESSION, of aweful, dread and woe, and its going to go on forever, and no one has bought AND NO ONE IS GOING TO BUY and this nightmare is going on for another 6 and a half hours and its like 3 hours until even fag break. - Not fun.:swoon::swoon::swoon:

So avoiding this kind of cloying awful pit of resignation and despair is a big part of sales. :no::no::no:

:idea:What are your tricks for maintaining positive mindset in sales and snapping out of the negative mind set asap?

:cool:

My question is, what line are you in and how do you generate leads?

I get the name "Joe" and assume the 90 represents an IQ score.

Rick

im a man son.

do you talk to your dad like that?

no, so stfu you little internet creep

----------

My question is, what line are you in and how do you generate leads?

cheers for the question, but really thread is about mindset, not about generating leads.

----------

Joe...you don't sound like you're that confident in your sales ability, yet you come on here and take a know it all attitude. When salesmen that have been successful at it for longer than you've been alive(I'm guessing the 90 is the year you were born) disagree with you, you get defensive(butt hurt) and start name calling.

Open your mind. Listen to the responses you get. Learn. There are salesmen on here that have been successful longer than you've been born...yet they still learn on here everyday(I know I do).

If you keep the positive attitude , the grit you speak of, don't have a know it all attitude and don't give up...you'll probably make it.

I don't Have a problem with you being British. My favorite person in the whole world's a Brit.

P.S. If not for the U.S., you WOULD be speaking German.

P.S.S. Did you know that Winston Churchill's mother was American?:yes:

respect me as a man and ill respect you.

first off, we all have ideas.

secondly half that old time stuff isnt working anymore on an educated audience.

thirdly i wasnt born in 90

fourth im not telling anyone anything other than me opinion.

fifth, im not afraid to be vulnerable. its a weakness to front 100 pc of the time, which is kind of exactly what you are accusing me of. im happy to learn and move on.

lastly my mind is open. its this lot that have a closed mind to any new ideas unless it has a sticker saying 1000 posts next to it.

word of advice- treat people like equals and the will respect you, and if they dont then thats on them. you show me one post where ive initiated disrespect on anyone and ill happily eat crow or be a bigger man and appologise.

ps - im top of our board actually. had a good week on rubbish leads. but today was rubbish. im a bit self critical, and thats how i innovate. im not talking about how i feel, like inner confidence, im talking about how it can feel to have a rubbish day. im not melting down, im building out. its like boom., how do i improve this. boom. how do i improve that. but yeah, im not going to front like today was a good day, but it was a lot better than i give it credit for. maybe thats a weakness, but im tend to be more sharp and critical with myself, than the day actually warrants.

pspspspsp

battle of britain.

but thank you anyways.

happy thanks giving.

----------

It is and has been my business and the way i have provided for my family as sole support.

I retract my question. I do not believe you are a career agent. I hope you can start fresh Monday morning and people will be kind to you. You get the last word.

thats great.

thats wrong.

thank you.

winoblues. - i do my best to be real. thats it with me. good bad, or indifferent. i dont care. if i win, i win. if i lose, i lose. i dont expect every day to be a good day, and i dont think i know everything. i want to be at my best on the bad days and i want to know everything. thats a completely different thing.

if you have been in the sales game for 30 years, then i already respect that. it doesnt mean im going to like you, but i would always respect that, because its an accomplishment. im not a fake person wino. thats just not how i roll.

Last edited:
im a man son.

do you talk to your dad like that?

no, so stfu you little internet creep

----------

cheers for the question, but really thread is about mindset, not about generating leads.

----------

respect me as a man and ill respect you.

first off, we all have ideas.

secondly half that old time stuff isnt working anymore on an educated audience.

thirdly i wasnt born in 90

fourth im not telling anyone anything other than me opinion.

fifth, im not afraid to be vulnerable. its a weakness to front 100 pc of the time, which is kind of exactly what you are accusing me of. im happy to learn and move on.

lastly my mind is open. its this lot that have a closed mind to any new ideas unless it has a sticker saying 1000 posts next to it.

word of advice- treat people like equals and the will respect you, and if they dont then thats on them. you show me one post where ive initiated disrespect on anyone and ill happily eat crow or be a bigger man and appologise.

pspspspsp

battle of britain.

but thank you anyways.

happy thanks giving.

----------

thats great.

thats wrong.

thank you.

winoblues. - i do my best to be real. thats it with me. good bad, or indifferent. i dont care. if i win, i win. if i lose, i lose. i dont expect every day to be a good day, and i dont think i know everything. i want to be at my best on the bad days and i want to know everything. thats a completely different thing.

if you have been in the sales game for 30 years, then i already respect that. it doesnt mean im going to like you, but i would always respect that, because its an accomplishment. im not a fake person wino. thats just not how i roll.

Serious question. Are you a captive at a mutual?
Youre not in the position to ask me a serious question. I dont take you seriously.

1. Serious question. Are you a captive at a mutual?

Youre not in the position to ask me a serious question. I dont take you seriously.

2. I know...you roll "fags".

3. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:SLEEP:

Took almost the entire year to get a full blown internet troll to join the forum.

Glad to have you here JoeIQ90.

Rick

i judge trolls on who initiates.

you clearly initiate bs with people and ive looked at your previous posts and im not the first and wont be the last.

anyone who checks our posts will see, i dont initiate bs with people, and you are constantly doign it. 12000 posts or not, i know a hive troll when i see one and i would invite you to never talk to me against or go near one of my threads again, but you will troll on, and troll on the next guy too.

have fun with that, but youve pretty much got all the chance you are getting out of me.

Back