How To Deal with Life and Career ?

When I used to work a third shift job people would call all day. Well I cured that by calling them in the early morning hours. The only way people understand is if they get the same or equal treatment.

One thing to understand is this. Though out history there were people who did some very important things to help mankind. But get this. after they died the world didn't end. If one option isn't available people will find another way.

To quote Art Williams "All you can do is all you can do, but all you can do is enough."

And the funny thing is...everything that I did for all of these people who begs for it, at the ends accused me for being wrong or not helpful. So now it's the beginning of a new decade, I'm planning on not being in their contact list, nor have them on my contact list.

With your personal life issues and career?

It seems like I cant ever get this career to start off at all. The moment I found traction, there's always family issues that needs my attention, and if I don't deal with it then it'll be catastrophe. When I do then I lose traction in this career.

Issues such as:

Parent are going to get divorce, and everyone needs you to step in to prevent it.
Siblings are not getting along and needs you to mediate them.
A grandparent passed away and needs you to arranged funerals, called on insurance providers, and then deal with the mess they left behind.
Sibling got shot in a different state, and family wants you to be there to go through the process.

I just want some peace and quiet, so I can start my insurance career. I think I found the right market, has the right idea, the right carrier, but just can't do it due to all of these.

Note: We're a minority group, so family is placed above all.[/quote]

What does "minority" or "majority" have to do with family? Are you saying "white majority" doesn't value family?

I do not think that is what they said.

There are certain cultures that put more pressure on the kids, as to their responsibility. In my experience that fades some the longer the family is in this country.

Irish, Italian, German have all been the same. You jacked with one and every cousin and their in laws were on your ass.

I have friends that are Hmong. The oldest has certain responsibilities that real. Their old do not go to "rest" homes. Same with Hispanics to a lesser degree.

It seems like I cant ever get this career to start off at all. The moment I found traction, there's always family issues that needs my attention, and if I don't deal with it then it'll be catastrophe. When I do then I lose traction in this career.

Issues such as:

Parent are going to get divorce, and everyone needs you to step in to prevent it.
A grandparent passed away and needs you to arranged funerals, called on insurance providers, and then deal with the mess they left behind.
Sibling got shot in a different state, and family wants you to be there to go through the process.

I just want some peace and quiet, so I can start my insurance career. I think I found the right market, has the right idea, the right carrier, but just can't do it due to all of these.

What does "minority" or "majority" have to do with family? Are you saying "white majority" doesn't value family?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I do not think that is what they said.

There are certain cultures that put more pressure on the kids, as to their responsibility. In my experience that fades some the longer the family is in this country.

Irish, Italian, German have all been the same. You jacked with one and every cousin and their in laws were on your ass.

I have friends that are Hmong. The oldest has certain responsibilities that are real. Their old do not go to "rest" homes. Same with Hispanics to a lesser degree.

Issues such as:

Last edited:
Learn the art of procrastinating on purpose.

Commit this to memory:
"Lack of planning on YOUR part does NOT constitute an emergency on MY part."

"Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD."

Some people view self-employed people as "rich" because they have all the time in the world. Just say, "If I don't sell... I don't eat." My time needs to be well invested in my business... unless they are willing to pay your bills for a couple of months?

Why if your parents getting divorced, any of your business really? Its a decision they made.....Just my opinion.

Delegate the stuff out, grandparent passed away. well, let that person kids do the arrangements, maybe you can call the insurance companies......let others deal with it.

Yes, family is important, but sometimes you have to say no....

Latest posts

Back