Final Expense Direct

I’m of the belief that a guy that is gonna find a way to be successful selling insurance could do it either way. he just has to find the way that he enjoys better. Or if you want to put it the other way, the way that sucks less. 😆
I think this is right.

I loved MAPD f2f.

How do you guys listen to the FE stories f2f and not go crazy?

I
I'm beginning to wonder--maybe realize--the best way to do this business is F2F, buying leads.

What Jd’s saying is fe people are a different breed . Many are lonely and easy manipulated . A face to face agent will always have a big advantage with this demographic . It’s really irrelevant wether the client bought a better product on the phone . Yesterday i wrote 5 mapd and 2 fe plans. Every plan was bought on the phone . They want an agent in person . 9 times out of 10 the agent that sold them will be long gone in a few months . Now most middle to upper income could give 2 shits about seeing an agent in person . Matter of fact most would rather not see the agent .I’ve been front of i bet 6k plus fe type people . I’m immune to all smells,dog or cat crap in the house ,holes in the floor ,Rats as big as a cat,Chicken bones in yard ,cig smoke that makes you choke. These be my people !!!. Family members laughed at me till i show them my deposits . They’ve never said another work. That said this job is very very very few % of the population . They’d hate it

I love the F2F FE stories. They're so unbelievable to anyone who doesn't do it, but I rack up a few new ones every week. My friends and family know I can't make this stuff up. Most are the nicest people in the world. I hate everyone and not equally, but I really love a lot of my customers. And I love pulling out of my garage Monday morning and wondering what kind of insanity I'm going tell my wife about when I get home.

I

What Jd’s saying is fe people are a different breed . Many are lonely and easy manipulated . A face to face agent will always have a big advantage with this demographic . It’s really irrelevant wether the client bought a better product on the phone . Yesterday i wrote 5 mapd and 2 fe plans. Every plan was bought on the phone . They want an agent in person . 9 times out of 10 the agent that sold them will be long gone in a few months . Now most middle to upper income could give 2 shits about seeing an agent in person . Matter of fact most would rather not see the agent .
Accurate.

Are you writing Duals?

I love the F2F FE stories. They're so unbelievable to anyone who doesn't do it, but I rack up a few new ones every week. My friends and family know I can't make this stuff up. Most are the nicest people in the world. I hate everyone and not equally, but I really love a lot of my customers. And I love pulling out of my garage Monday morning and wondering what kind of insanity I'm going tell my wife about when I get home.
Love this outlook. Good reminder for me.

The other day on the phone, a guy in North Carolina bought a policy while arguing with his neighbor about a broken fence.

$900 AP.

This is a wild business.

Accurate.

Are you writing Duals?
25-40 a month depending if I’m lazy that month .Some weeks i only work 2 days a week in field and some weeks 4-5. I’ll take 4 weeks off in summer but when Sept 5-10 th hits i start 7 days a week until dec 7th .

25-40 a month depending if I’m lazy that month .Some weeks i only work 2 days a week in field and some weeks 4-5. I’ll take 4 weeks off in summer but one Sept 5-10 th i start 7 days a week until dec 7th .
That's awesome.

I think telesales vs. field sales is something that you have to think about how you like to work. Generally the agents that enjoy in home sales would be tortured by having to sell by phone. Most of them consider the phone work they do when calling leads to set appointments as the worst task of their week.
But the guys who thrive at phone sales think driving out to people’s homes and dealing with vicious dogs and crazy family members and even just the windshield time wasted would be torturous.

I’m of the belief that a guy that is gonna find a way to be successful selling insurance could do it either way. he just has to find the way that he enjoys better. Or if you want to put it the other way, the way that sucks lweb inarticulate.
This. 100%

I can and have done both for years. But have little desire to do the road warrior thing any longer. And I am not doing bugs and cat shit any longer.

What a great business where you can choose one way today and a different way tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back