How to deal with prospects ghosting you after a quote?

I don't understand how someone wouldn't sign a single piece of paper to support their cousin's business after wasting 20+ minutes of his time answering questions and letting them quote you.
Simple - because 20 minute is not enough time or proof for them to believe that you are the best fit to be their insurance agent/broker. Some folks think picking an agent is more based on intelligence, experience than kindredship.

In addition - from the way it sounds like you are going about this - asking for cousins to quote out- you are making yourself seem like a new agent.

I think you are showing a tremendous amount of effort - which is good. Go cut your teeth on the real market out there. There are literally millions of businesses and consumers out there that need better insurance advice. Go Find them, Bind them, and get Referred by them.

Something I learned over the years is that there are some people who just can't stand the thought of you making a commission on them. I had a neighbor and friend, and a close friend at that, but they would not let me talk to them about insurance. I got my feelings hurt many times. I have also had people tell me their brother-in-law handled their insurance and I would leave my card and tell them if anything changes, keep me mind, and move on to the next prospect. Before 90 days is up they would call and ask me to come and talk to them about their insurance because their brother in law did something they didn't like. Like some have already said you need to X date. It is like basic training in the military, you may hate it but it is something that must be done. One more thing. People's satisfaction level goes up and down from highly satisfied to not satisfied. You need to catch them when they are unsatisfied.

Something I've learned after 35 years in sales, including 10 and counting as a P&C agent; No matter your market or field, you are always selling 3 things: yourself, your company and your product, IN THAT ORDER. If you miss any of those three steps, you'll get nowhere fast.

This thread is full of great sales advice (follow-ups, X dates, mining last years non-sales), but probably the best thing I read was to "smile on the phone". It truly does show through. But be careful, 'cause so do frowns, grimaces and eye rolls.

This is the best advice I'd give any agent, not just P&C. Leads are a mine. Not every contact HAS to be about insurance. I use a monthly digital magazine. I get calls and emails because I stay on top of their mind.

What do you use for the monthly digital magazine. That sounds like a great way to constant contact your client without it being insurance based

Back