How to Get Backlinks?

robb01

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
This is always something I've struggled with. How do I get quality backlinks? I know there are ways of using software to promote your site and obtain backlinks, but they are mostly low quality.

I want car dealerships, realtors, construction sites and other places to place a link on thier site. Is it mainly done through networking or by outright asking for them to put a link on thier site?

How do you best go about it?

A few ideas:

1. Start by putting a link to them on your site. Show them you're helping them, and then network with them. Get to know them, and then ask for a link back. You'll make a good offline referral source in the process.

2. Offer to write an article for their site that helps their audience. Make it useful, not self-promoting, but include a link back to your site.

3. Make sure you've got something worth linking to. Put something on their site that you think will help their customers, and then tell them about it.

Hope this helps.

Aaron

Aaron, will you give my site a look over just to get a second opinion on it? I recently re-designed it.

If you're competing with me....I hope you continue to get ALL your SEO advice from this forum:1cool:

LOL, I know all the easy ways of getting backlinks, just not how to get the ones I really want :)

You can get a lot of high PR links using social bookmarks. With Onlywire.com you can get 300 submissions a month for free with their automated service where you can bookmark to web's top social network sites. They have over 40 services you can auto-syndicate to.

You can get a lot of high PR links using social bookmarks. With Onlywire.com you can get 300 submissions a month for free with their automated service where you can bookmark to web's top social network sites. They have over 40 services you can auto-syndicate to.

you referring to Domain or Page PR?

Back