How to Get Started Need Help

jorge123255

I am new to the insurance business, I got trap in the whole world financial group thing. I don't know how to got independent and make money,and advise. Also should I work for Allstate, State Farm.

any advise you can give me, on how i can go independent and get clinets, and who should I get appointied to. I'm looking to sale auto,Life,Heath and PNC Insurance.

any advise you can give me, on how i can go independent and get clinets, and who should I get appointied to. I'm looking to sale auto,Life,Heath and PNC Insurance.

You need to pick one to start..Life, health or P&C. Then go from there...otherwise you're throwing darts at the board blindfolded. Get a good feel for one and then progress if you want.

For me I started captive P&C, great training. Then when independent Life. I'm now adding P&C back into the mix because it's an easy cross sell.

If you need training, I'd suggest start somewhere captive with a good training program, but be prepared to leave as soon as you feel comfortable with your skills.

I agree. That being said, AllState, Farmers, State Farm, etc can all give you valuable training but you can get tied in with a contract which could effect how fast you want to be independent. Look into sales training courses with emphasis on insurance plans..there are a lot of people out there who teach techniques which can be valuable and only cost an admission fee.

I think making sure your skills are perfected is most important because getting clients as an independent will be tough at first so you need to be able to capitalize on your opportunities.

Hope some of that is helpful. Let me know how it all goes! Good luck!

Bill
www.workcompforless.com

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise,I just had a interview with New York Life, went pretty good. I have 3 more to go, any good p&c companies to work for in Chicago beside Allstate, State Farm. Some one told me to go p&c and auto it's easier then life any advise

Although it is true that auto and home are easier and the prospect resistance is lower, but life insurance is more profitable. If you are low key and a "Steady Eddy", P&C works better. But if you are aggressive and can handle rejection, L&H can create cash flow much more quickly.

Back