How To Open Every Cold Call

All I am saying is, might work with some people.. doesn't with me.. It is an immediate turn off when I hear it.

The reality is, some people are so immune to cold calls, it doesn't matter what you say.

They could lead off with. "Mr. Rouse? This is the (local hospital) ER calling..." And you'd still be thinking, "Yeah, right. I wonder what scam this is."

The reality is, some people are so immune to cold calls, it doesn't matter what you say.

They could lead off with. "Mr. Rouse? This is the (local hospital) ER calling..." And you'd still be thinking, "Yeah, right. I wonder what scam this is."
Not in that case... Wonder which one of the grand-kids was there and why they are calling me instead of their parents.. Has to be bad news all the way around.. :eek:

Not in that case... Wonder which one of the grand-kids were there and why they are calling me instead of their parents.. Has to be bad news all the way around.. :eek:

Awesome! Got my next cold calling opener!

But seriously, there are even scams right now the "grandkids" calling, saying they are in jail or about to be put in jail and need money now.

"Who is the closest person to you to battle cancer...?" That little line there has given me more opportunity to speak to people (cold call in person) than any other line I've used. Cold calling is always based on an agents ability to make contact (1) and pivot (2).

Probably not a good opener for a P&C agent like myself...

All I am saying is, might work with some people.. doesn't with me.. It is an immediate turn off when I hear it.

understandable.

some want you to just spit it out, others shut down anyone they don't know!

Like someone said, it could be the ER calling or someone could be giving away gold bullion over the phone and they still wouldn't be receptive..

Like anything in life, no silver bullet.

But if anything, cold calling is not dead!!

understandable.

some want you to just spit it out, others shut down anyone they don't know!

Like someone said, it could be the ER calling or someone could be giving away gold bullion over the phone and they still wouldn't be receptive..

Like anything in life, no silver bullet.

But if anything, cold calling is not dead!!

Oh, i agree cold calling is not dead... Just don't like for folks to start out
"you don't know me".. Think it is far better to simply say, "My name is ______ with ____. we help people ________ Is this something that would be of interest to you?" You will get a lot of "nos" but when you spend time with someone, it is a person who has an interest in what you have to offer..

Back