How To Open Every Cold Call

It's always funny when I hear "cold calling is dead" and "cold calling is God's punishment for not getting enough referrals" and other junk like that.

It's not "cold calling sucks"... but YOUR cold calling sucks. Learn new communication skills and it (you) won't suck nearly as bad.

It's always funny when I hear "cold calling is dead" and "cold calling is God's punishment for not getting enough referrals" and other junk like that.

It's not "cold calling sucks"... but YOUR cold calling sucks. Learn new communication skills and it (you) won't suck nearly as bad.
Cold calling only "sucks" to those that have a fear of rejection and take each no personally..

I have cold called many times over the years. Mostly by phone but also D2D.

Had pretty good success, better than most of the agents I worked with, but hated every minute of it.

Figured my time was more valuable talking to interested people than those who didn't care what I had to offer.

At some point I may have to cold call but will do everything I can to avoid it. Much rather talk to folks who call me first.

Are you saying throw the prospects into the microwave to warm them up for the call? :err:

It works for pop corn. Buzz, buzz, buzz... POP! Now add some butter.

Clients are like this. Yada, nice dog, yada, do you have life coverage and is it enough, yada, are you on meds... POP! Please sign here.

I think one of the most interesting things I read in Glen's cold calling guide is the study that was done that determined which factor was overall more responsible for people not hanging up was sounding like you aren't scripted at all - as long as you sound genuine you will have more convos (pattern interrupted or not).

Reactions: MsJ
I bought a car a couple of months ago. Started online, looking to see what was available.

A guy from one of the dealers emailed me and we started a conversation. When I decided to get serious, I called him to get more details. The conversation shifted to loan pre-qual and I could tell he was reading from a script. So I asked.

Are you reading a script?

Long pause . . .

Yes.

Are you new?

Longer pause . . .

Yes

No problem, we have to start somewhere. But before I go through this again, why don't you find my pre-qual application online?

Well, this is easier.

Easier for you but not for me. Go look for my information and when you find it call me back.

Back