How to sale Life Insurance from home? (very confused)

Okay, I think I see your point. You are correct in that I need to fill a full time schedule working solely telesales. I could make the same money part time, if I conducted business f2f, right? In addition, I am buying all of my leads.

I am not yet advanced with technology where I am capable of creating my own leads. That would be a huge advantage and definitely more efficient.
Thanks!
No, he is saying he can make as much on a part time schedule on telesales as he could full time face 2 face becasue he has eliminated the drivetime with telesales and therefore can talk to as many people in one day as he could in two days face 2 face.... At least that is what I think he said.. :unsure:

No, he is saying he can make as much on a part time schedule on telesales as he could full time face 2 face becasue he has eliminated the drivetime with telesales and therefore can talk to as many people in one day as he could in two days face 2 face.... At least that is what I think he said.. :unsure:
LOL. I'm all confused. Hopefully, he will respond soon.
I didnt think he was saying that because that's exactly what I do. I thought you f2f guys worked pt-hours with ft-pay. Me, I can't stand a nasty, unsanitary environment. The thought of bringing roach eggs into my home creeps me out. It happened once back in 2014, and that was all it took for me to quit the medicare business.

I really wish you would stop calling them “live-transfers”. It’s so misleading and would be a flat out lie, if you were doing it purposely. As a manager, I think you are fully aware of your choice of words. My sister is appointed with SL and also licensed in 20 states. Her iPad is set to receive “live transfers” from 7am-11pm Eastern every day. She has not seen a “live transfer” since November 2020. Even if she got licensed in the remaining 29 states SL does business, I don’t see the situation changing. Instead, leads flow straight into the lead bank without ever being a live transfer. Your HO told her the people called in, but did not want to speak to an agent. How is that a “live transfer”?

If your sister is in 20 states with Sr Life then there are 19, not 29, more states available along with DC.

Your sister may have better success downloading leadstheway app to her smart phone rather than her ipad or your sister may need to contact IT or lead dept. about her leadstheway app not receiving live transfers. I see live transfers Mon-Sat every week, even though the advertisement for the live transfers says Mon- Fri. I've seen several live transfers come in just today. Suggest to your sister to communicate with her manager whenever she needs help.

Here's what I call a live transfer....because that's what it is:
Ms. Jones calls the commercial and speaks with the operator. The operator gets her name, number, address, birth date, sometimes email, etc. Before they hang up the operator will ask Ms. Jones if she has time to speak with a licensed agent. If Ms. Jones says "yes" then Ms. Jones is sent out as a live transfer. Every agent appointed in the state Ms. Jones is calling from with get a notification on their smart phone at the same time that says "live transfer available for $34, would you like to purchase it? YES or NO". The 1st agent to press "yes" is automatically connected to Ms. Jones. Leads always go to one agent only. There's your live transfer.

HOWEVER.......

Usually, when the operator asks Ms. Jones if she has time to speak with a licensed agent Ms. Jones is already procrastinating by saying "I don't have time right now but have them to call me back later". So they hang the phone up and then every agent that's appointed in the state Ms. Jones is calling from, and as long as they have their leadstheway app on, will get a ping notification. This ping means that a TV lead just came in and the 1st one to purchase it gets it. NOW the agent is making an outbound call to a lead just 2-3 min. old. And the agent making the outbound call has all the info needed: name, phone #, address, birth date, etc. That's why the operator gets the info before finding out if Ms. Jones will be a live transfer or not.

Yes.

What I'm saying is that, for me, if I can make as much in part time as Louis makes full time.. I'm freeing up a more important commodity.. time.

Now..

That's all a matter of personal perspective and how you want to run your business...If you want to fill a full time schedule you obviously need more leads. I still think you can do this with a large base if you're making leads (DM, for example) vs buying leads that have already raised their hand.

To get to Ray's point.. I don't think that anyone that fills out a basic form that you buy from someone else is much more high intent than telemarketing... However, that's a personal opinion.

For me, I'm interested in taking less leads that have taken a significant action, such as call.. or come to my website/Landing page and decided to fill out an instant quote form for themselves.

For other people's business, that's a different idea.. which is fine.

PS: there's no high tech solution here. I prep 200 direct mailers every morning. It takes me an hour and a half.

I figured out that every minute that I spend folding a letter and prepping it.. (I can do 2-3 a minute) I earn approximately 2.30 after costs.. that's at below average response rates, because I'm super conservative in my response and close rate and over estimate my cost per item.

I spend less time calling people, less time on the road, and generally have a higher close rate (than buying leads.)

Last edited:
Yes.

What I'm saying is that, for me, if I can make as much in part time as Louis makes full time.. I'm freeing up a more important commodity.. time.

If you make as much as I do from the insurance bus. you are hurting....You might can buy a can of coffee this month... Of course, the reality is it has been quite soem time since I worked full time.

If you make as much as I do from the insurance bus. you are hurting....You might can buy a can of coffee this month... Of course, the reality is it has been quite soem time since I worked full time.

I work part time too.. and I probably do make as much as you do... But I'm also building a book instead of living off one...

I think the point stands though...

If I can make 150k a year working 20 hours a week and you make 175k working 50 hours a week.. I'm getting the better deal

Especially since my two biggest expenses are my house and SCUBA... I don't need a whole lot.

I'd rather be in the water than grinding out leads all day...

Your sister may have better success downloading leadstheway app to her smart phone rather than her ipad or your sister may need to contact IT or lead dept. about her leadstheway app not receiving live transfers. Suggest to your sister to communicate with her manager whenever she needs help.
As I stated in my post, she reached out to corporate and that was the response she was given. Was it IT that gave her that response, I cannot say. I do know that she reached out to her manager first, whom obviously was clueless. He's the one who told her to call HO about it. I will pass along your suggestion to her about calling IT, specifically, and the possibility of getting an iPhone. However, she has better internet service at home than what any phone carrier can provide.

I suggested on several occasions that she seek out another manager. The one she currently has thinks she works for him, it seems. How does she go about requesting a change? Or is it one-sided?

To get to Ray's point.. I don't think that anyone that fills out a basic form that you buy from someone else is much more high intent than telemarketing... However, that's a personal opinion.
I was talking about organic SEO leads (nationally). I also like to able to focus on states where people make the most money (and need my services).

Even buying leads, when you can take them from anywhere, it can reduce costs and increases how many leads you can purchase (assuming you want to work as much as possible).

No telesales org would let you have one state. It wouldn't be efficient.

As I stated in my post, she reached out to corporate and that was the response she was given. Was it IT that gave her that response, I cannot say. I do know that she reached out to her manager first, whom obviously was clueless. He's the one who told her to call HO about it. I will pass along your suggestion to her about calling IT, specifically, and the possibility of getting an iPhone. However, she has better internet service at home than what any phone carrier can provide.

I suggested on several occasions that she seek out another manager. The one she currently has thinks she works for him, it seems. How does she go about requesting a change? Or is it one-sided?

She can use either iphone or android. Tell her to call me and I'll try to help her. There is a toggle switch on leadstheway to cut live transfers on or off. Check that option also.

I have a 19 min. recorded tutorial I made for agents on my team on how to use leadstheway. I'm happy to email it to her. She could also share this tutorial with her manager since it seems he would benefit from it.

Latest posts

Back