How to start

Engcon

Hello folks, I’ve been selling health insurance for a couple AEPs(Captive agent) and I was thinking of narrowing down on Medical Supplements. The question I have is if you can sell these policies year round, are most of these written during AEP? I figured most seniors pick their plans around AEP, so how many of your policies are written after AEP?? Why would anyone enroll in a Medsup after AEP when they are told AEP is the time, minus IEPs of course. Also, have any of you used an appointment setter or are you doing all the cold calling by yourself? A plan of action to start would be great or any advice. Thanks guys.

So how did you get started in this business and do you have any practical knowledge for someone who wants to start? Any marketing that may have helped you? Thanks man.

So how did you get started in this business and do you have any practical knowledge for someone who wants to start? Any marketing that may have helped you? Thanks man.

If you look on the "getting started" forum I'm sure you'll be able to find info that's been recycled 482937583 times.

Long story short though, you might want to read the Medicare and You book. Specifically about Medigap.

As for marketing, all the things you can't do for MA you can do for MS. Door knock, cold call, etc

I would hate to get started tsrgeting Medicare products during this time. Competition has never been more intense. Their is no loyalty anymore. Seniors are bombarded. Thank God I have my living made and only have to maintain it.

I would hate to get started tsrgeting Medicare products during this time. Competition has never been more intense. Their is no loyalty anymore. Seniors are bombarded. Thank God I have my living made and only have to maintain it.

Um.. maybe in FL.

I do zero outbound marketing. I'm getting calls almost every day for T65 seniors for February all around the state.

You've always faced competition from the companies and Medicare.gov with MA.. As for agents, they're decreasing overall.

Back