How to start

I hired a telemarketer for T65 leads in 4 counties. He finally filled an order of 10 and quit. Had to call all the way out to July 21 to finish. His notes say they are expecting my call. I have called numerous times a day since and have made contact with 1. Not sold any of them.

I had several request for dental recently so I searched an got contracted with the carrier all of the dentist in my town accept. Several large groups here offer the coverage to employees. I contact these people after getting this done and they think it is too expensive. I explain their employer was contributing before but not now. I can't win.

I hired a telemarketer for T65 leads in 4 counties. He finally filled an order of 10 and quit. Had to call all the way out to July 21 to finish. His notes say they are expecting my call. I have called numerous times a day since and have made contact with 1. Not sold any of them.

I'm assuming you're talking about cold calling a list.

I think my approach, and especially in Northern MI, is unique than everyone around me.

I took a lot of time to develop how I was going to draw people to me vs hunt people down. Specifically, if you search for Medicare Insurance in my area, google puts me in the snackpack for people to call me.

I targeted really specific pieces of content on my website to write that I knew got traffic. I only wrote about 10 articles, but they're very specific to what clients looked for in Michigan and they answer a question.

Finally, growing, I knew I wasn't going to quit my job until I had enough of a cushion to leave. I know my number of accounts to the digit.

I can afford to let people come to me, which means I don't sound desperate and don't have any reservations about telling someone I'm not taking them on.

I just started doing a small T65 multitouch mailing over the next 8 months. However, they still have to take action and call me.

I don't call T65 lists. I don't chase people. You can decide you may want to work with me or not.

I just relicensed back in March of 19 after close to 10 years away and in a different state. My first year was absolutely pathetic in regards to my strategy. However, after my site crashed and burned, I started to take a different approach in January of this year with a new launch.

On average, it takes 6-9 months for digital marketing to start rolling. We're in month 9 and like I said, I get at least 1 call per day for T65 in a few months.. now it's been maybe in the last couple of months that I've started getting more active.

If I get to the point where I'm doing an average of 2 sales a week consistently I'm happy. In three years that's 100k.

I don't need all the money in the world. I just need enough so I can go diving 50% of my time.

I have a nice renewal base and am not in any way desperate. I just try things that don't work too often. If I can just maintain my monthly check I can live comfortably and that is what I strive to do.

Um.. maybe in FL.

I do zero outbound marketing. I'm getting calls almost every day for T65 seniors for February all around the state.

You've always faced competition from the companies and Medicare.gov with MA.. As for agents, they're decreasing overall.

I feel like I saw some numbers recently and number of agents was way up over the last 10 years. Like 50% up. I need to see those numbers again but I think it was agents who passed their 215

Number of insurance brokers in the U.S. 1960-2018 | Statista

Maybe I misinterpreted some data somewhere. My understanding is that more agents where on their way out as they are retiring out.

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I believe you are correct though after covid many do over the phone now maybe they hire more that way I don't know def reach more, people

Whatever it is This is what I noticed this year Lead quality had dropped earlier in the year to the point I stopped buying leads for a little while, (could not make contact or get conversation not open for discussion type)I have a client base that needed attention anyway

Starting back up this AEP and getting better quality then I had for several years, Leads right now are good and pleanty

There always is a lot of competition, but as long as I can make contact and get an open ear to at least start with, Then the competitions does not matter

Back